What was your starting BMI?

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    BMI is not useless at all; it's a much better measure of a person's overall fitness than weight.

False! It's only a height to weight ratio. The majority of NFL players are obese according to BMI.

exactly...i dont know what mine was...dont care

i looked mine up this week for lolz and i am still in the overweight range.
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    At my highest at the beginning of this year it was 32.3 :'(

Right now it's 29.2.... not obese anymore, only overweight. Can't wait to be NORMAL though...
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    highest was around 24. i'm currently 19.7.
  • RoamingDuck
    Options
    I was 34.7 (obese), now I'm 24.9 (literately teetering on the edge of normal weight!)

I'll be happy when I'm safely within the confines of the normal weight category, perhaps around 21-22.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    BMI was 31%, now it's 28.something. I want to get it under 20%, like 17%, but I'll be happy with 19%. I don't have a large frame, but my structure is wide (shoulders & hips have always been that way.)
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Mine was 44.4 when started losing and currently 24.2. Hoping I can lose a few more pounds but my main focus is fitness right now.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine was 34.7 (Oh God). Now it's 29.1.
    Last spring it was 27.0 Hoping I can get it down to that point again. And preferably lower! :p
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I started at a bmi of 38.5, now I'm currently somewhere between 26-27 now. Hoping to reach 22.1, but I'm more focused on having 20% bf instead
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It was 25.1 when I started MFP last August.
    Now it is 21.8.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just looked that I need to lose over 20lbs (10kgs) until my BMI goes under 50. Eek! Oh well, nice goal to have anyway. :)
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    36 at my heaviest... 23 now!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    BMI is not useless at all; it's a much better measure of a person's overall fitness than weight.

False! It's only a height to weight ratio. The majority of NFL players are obese according to BMI.

it's true that BMI does have it's weaknesses but the NFL argument is weak, have you seen the players quite a few of them are FAT (and I am hugely fat so I can say this), I am not saying they are not muscled under all of that fat, but I have been in an NFL locker room once and a lot of those guys could stand to lose a few pounds of fat- mainly belly issues
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    27.9 now 23.0... will hopefully be around 21-22 when I'm done, but not too fussed!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    BMI is a total crock. I've been told by trainers, nutritionists and doctors alike to discount it. Okay as a way of measuring progress, but very little meaning otherwise.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Mine was 31.02, now it's 20.1
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

Body fat percentage is a much better and more accurate measure. I don't care what my BMI is, as long as I don't have too much body fat.

I agree with this ^ Some girls are "overweight" territory, but have a healthy BF%
    My hubby's BMI is 31.2...obese. But he's 20% BF. so totally not obese. He'll still b considered overwieght by bmi standards when he's like 10% BF & ripped. He's just got a lot of muscle.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I agree with others that other things are more important than BMI (such as bodyfat).

There are people with a low BMI who are just as or even more unhealthy than those with a very high BMI. Focus on your overall health not just one number. Regular exercise and an improved diet can also help with your cholesterol levels, strength and cardiovascular endurance. Good luck!

My starting BMI was 24.9 (close to the overweight range)
    My next measurement is later this morning but I am probably around 20.2 right now

Bodyfat percentage, not BMI is my current focus. Ideally I would like to gain a few pounds this year so long as I can achieve/retain my body fat percentage target (under 10%).
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Nah, it's pretty useless. Especially if you're a muscular person.
  • badmojo108
    Options
    BMI of 35 at my worst, 26 now.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    It was around 31-32 and now it is around 27. :] Thank you for reminding me that I have made progress, even if I fall off track a lot. xo