Negative comments about me lifting weights

Options

Replies

• RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Just shows how ignorant those comments are. The worst thing that would happen to you is you'd inherit Dana Linn Bailey's body... oh the misery! :laugh:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Christmas2009020.jpg

Like taking Candy From a Baby- Start them out young.

:heart:
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You are strong and I can't wait to be strong too.

Well wait no longer because you already are. Just taking this stand, forgiving those making noise, and moving forward makes you a warrior woman. Carry on!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Christmas2009020.jpg

Like taking Candy From a Baby- Start them out young.

Yes! I love it!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Just shows how ignorant those comments are. The worst thing that would happen to you is you'd inherit Dana Linn Bailey's body... oh the misery! :laugh:

She is amazing! What an inspiration!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    You are strong and I can't wait to be strong too.

Well wait no longer because you already are. Just taking this stand, forgiving those making noise, and moving forward makes you a warrior woman. Carry on!

Thank you so much quietsmile!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    OP You should check out this thread. It's old so a lot of the pics don't show anymore, but it's awesome. Definitely worth browsing!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/421657-hot-women-with-muscles
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Dear sweet baby Jesus that woman is hot...I'm still more partial to Sarah Bäckman though, but that could be due to my odd love of everything Swedish.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I find those comment funny.. I'd probably flex my bicep in their face, smile and challenge them to arm wrestling. LOL

The only person you have to please is yourself. Everyone else can KMA. right?? lol.

Even my back is tight and strong. :) My guy loves it. :-p

for the rest of ya.. well.. read two lines up.. LOL
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    i like lifting weights, nothing too crazy, but holy smokes, it makes a huge difference at my job ........ I can lift 50 pound bags of dog food at the animal hospital ..... and bring it out to the client's car ..... and carry on a conversation at the same time :laugh:

And one time an elderly 65 pound Irish setter collapsed while I was walking her ...... well, I picked that dog up & carried her back into the hospital, poor thing ..... couldn't leave her outside, could I ????

Do what you gotta do & have a great time !
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Nothing is better for your health, stamina, strength and appearance than lifting heavy. Find out what is heavy for you and go lift that thing!!! :drinker:
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Tell them to suck a big fat muscle! :flowerforyou:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    OP You should check out this thread. It's old so a lot of the pics don't show anymore, but it's awesome. Definitely worth browsing!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/421657-hot-women-with-muscles

Checked it out. Awesome thread, thank you!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Oh I so agree with the OP. I'd love to have well defined muscles..... yes I'm female. I prefer that on a woman than just 'toned' sorry. I think muscles on females....as long as it's not body building stage (you know those big big ones that makes them look more like men?) then they actually look kinda sexy. I want that.....I'm on my way to that. I worked out hard today on getting to that.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Those people are FOOLS! I only lose weight when I'm lifting. If I'm only doing cardio and small amounts of weight lifting, I stay kaput. When I actually do serious strength training, bye bye weight! Hello sexy toned me! :)
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't bother justifying yourself. Life your life the way you want to, and don't worry about them. At the end of the day, the only person you have to live with is yourself--So make sure you like that person!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I have no idea who you call "friends" but they may need a hand up out of the dark ages and some soap for their mouths. What kind of people say such hurtful things?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I have no idea who you call "friends" but they may need a hand up out of the dark ages and some soap for their mouths. What kind of people say such hurtful things?
    The joys of family. :laugh:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    The joys of family. :laugh:

Wait a minute!
    Family, family said that to you?
    Nice...:angry:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Go lift those weights! Lift them strongly and proudly!

People are dumb when it comes to women and weights. Just ignore them :)