How to Drink Alcohol...

Options

Replies

• xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Also Crystal Light (and other brands) make drink mixes specifically for alcohol. They have mojito, cosmo, and even margarita flavors!
  • StevieGibbons
    StevieGibbons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I sip on a sipping tequila, and occasionally suck a slice of lime after a sip. I can make a pony glass last a long time, with a water back.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I sip on a sipping tequila, and occasionally suck a slice of lime after a sip. I can make a pony glass last a long time, with a water back.

I love tequila!
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    At home or parties, I go with Crystal Light. If I'm out at a bar, I usually get a shot and lime slices. Once in a blue moon, I have a diet mixed with my drink, but I'm trying to avoid soda altogether.
  • AMS44067
    Options
    My questions is why can't you go out and enjoy yourself without alcohol? Maybe that's your problem!

I agree with this opinion. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in years, and I can very well enjoy life that way. sometimes I don't understand why people can't have fun without alcohol.
    Plus, alcoholic drinks have lots of calories.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Im sorry I couldnt resist...............

beer.jpg
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My questions is why can't you go out and enjoy yourself without alcohol? Maybe that's your problem!

I agree with this opinion. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in years, and I can very well enjoy life that way. sometimes I don't understand why people can't have fun without alcohol.

Yay you. Want a medal? Sometimes I don't understand why people feel they have a right to judge others. Perhaps you can explain.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm just a straight up bourbon type, but if I want to make it last or if it's cheap happy hour bourbon I will do bourbon and diet cola or bourbon and soda. Rule of thumb is 1 oz + 70 cals and a pour is usually 1.5 ounces.
  • lizlkbg
    Options

Yay you. Want a medal? Sometimes I don't understand why people feel they have a right to judge others. Perhaps you can explain.
    This. Sheesh. Some people can enjoy life without being self righteous and annoying, but do we throw that in YOUR faces?
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I drink water(heavy on the ice) vodka and then we mix in our favorite crystal lite, or a fruity tea bag and some stevia;)
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    Can't beat a Jack Daniels and Coke-Zero!

For beer, Budweiser Select is a nice option.
  • AMS44067
    Options

So if I voice my personal opinion I am judging?
    We have a lot of rude people on this board.
    As a member: If someone asks a question I have the right to respond in any way I want as long as I follow the rules of theboard moderator.
  • lizlkbg
    Options

So if I voice my personal opinion I am judging?
    We have a lot of rude people on this board.
    As a member: If someone asks a question I have the right to respond in any way I want as long as I follow the rules of theboard moderator.

Yep, you were judging.
    And sure, you have the right to state your opinion, and we have the right to respond to it negatively.
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't give up my alcohol. Lol, I just love my Black Butte, and I know that I shouldn't, but I do. I just drink it on the weekends. I work my butt off at the gym. I'm vegan, and eat zero processed foods, so I figure it won't kill me if I keep the beer.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    drink if you like it drink it. I dont see why you have to become a tea totaler when you are losing weight. The only thing I drink with calories is alcohol and I dont feel guilty.
  • jillbean1217
    jillbean1217 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't drink often, but when I do, it's usually not to "enjoy the taste" but rather to enjoy the effect. Beer is good for when I'm trying to keep an accurate calorie count--my local bar overpours by a ton, which is great for the whole "getting drunk" thing, not so great for the "keeping track" thing. I really love ciders as well. Redd's is the lowest calorie one I've found at 150. The crystal light idea is a stellar one, I'm going to have to try that out when I go to Vegas next month. I used to drink vodka, sprite and grenadine, until I realized that grenadine has 50 cals per tablespoon! Now I stick to rum and diet if I'm choosing liquor.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This is the most helpful "diet" web site I've ever stumbled upon:

www.getdrunknotfat.com

It grades alcoholic drinks based on the ratio of calories to alcohol. Enjoy!

ha! I love it that you had to stumble to get there. Well done.

Tequila with lime. Done and done.

That's what I've been doing does it job quick and for less volume, LOL
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Sometimes I don't know why people choose to ride horses or play golf. However just because I don't see the fun in it doesn't mean that they should quit it. And you can totally fall off a horse or die of boredom during a game of golf! (that was a joke - sorry if you really do love golf). I guess you have your opinion, but if you're gonna be all high horse and judgy, I guess I wanna be too :-P

I LOVE this thread. I have gotten many facets of my diet and exercise under control, however I am a girl musician in an all guy band and damn I have fun drinking with them. However, I did find that keeping to 2 drinks a night (3 on extra special nights) and around 7-10 a week might be something that will work long term. And as I lose, I might need even less :-D And I love days like today when I get to have a few Sam Adams as I have saved my calories and can waste them on the best American beer ever!

This is a very new plan. But it's different than what I've done in the past, so maybe it will work. Good luck to all my fellow lushes! (again, a joke)
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    How to Drink Alcohol.. Get a friend to hold the funnel above your head and pour the alcohol into it................
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Ketel One and Soda with an Orange Wedge= Perfection!

That's my go to, whether I'm watching calories or not! :drinker: