22.3 lbs by July 21st

Options

Replies

• lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    218.6... YAY! I had retained some water and went up to 220.4 so I'm happy to see it coming back off
  • missmanners
    Options
    This is my first time on the boards and saw this post! My husband and I are renewing our wedding vows for our 20th anniversary on July 21st. I was hoping to be under 200 pounds as well by then and am at 219 now. I have been doing MFP for awhile now and when I signed up it gave me 1200 calories. I have been starving. Today I looked at other sites on the web and they all gave me more, so I checked my settings here and it was at sedentary lifestyle. So I changed that and now it's given me over 1300. I've been losing 2-3 pounds a week but now I know because my calories were too low. I'm going to go with the new number, but am a little nervous about it. I'm afraid I won't lose or gain for awhile by going back up and don't want to set myself back.
    I don't mind losing slow, it's just this one goal that I'd like to hit.
    Anyway, July 21st is a big day for lots of us! Glad to see all the support!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Congrats on the vow renewal. I was only eating about 1000 calories a day and was losing about a pound a week... Once Irealized my calories were so low, I upped it and I'm losing weight so much quicker! Good luck... We CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

By the way how's everyone doing.. I'm down to 217.6... 17.7 lbs left!!!!

This is my first time on the boards and saw this post! My husband and I are renewing our wedding vows for our 20th anniversary on July 21st. I was hoping to be under 200 pounds as well by then and am at 219 now. I have been doing MFP for awhile now and when I signed up it gave me 1200 calories. I have been starving. Today I looked at other sites on the web and they all gave me more, so I checked my settings here and it was at sedentary lifestyle. So I changed that and now it's given me over 1300. I've been losing 2-3 pounds a week but now I know because my calories were too low. I'm going to go with the new number, but am a little nervous about it. I'm afraid I won't lose or gain for awhile by going back up and don't want to set myself back.
    I don't mind losing slow, it's just this one goal that I'd like to hit.
    Anyway, July 21st is a big day for lots of us! Glad to see all the support!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a totally realistic goal. Good for you!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thank you.. if all goes as planned.. on my birthday I can say.. I've lost 70lbs... When I tell people now that I'm down 50... they just look at me in shock..then the questions start flying... LOL.. and I'm always more than happy to answer and help!!!!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You have a very healthy attitude towards weight loss for your age.

I can tell that your going to make it and stay there!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thank you very very much! I need to to do this, to break the cycle before it gets to my very healthy two year old. I am not kidding you, I asked that kid what he wanted for breakfast and he said tomato's.. so he had tomato's and hard boiled eggs with cheese slices and juice... He was in heaven. I want to, need to continue a healthy lifestyle for the both of us... before my old lifestyle effects him..
    You have a very healthy attitude towards weight loss for your age.

I can tell that your going to make it and stay there!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    so i only lost .2 this week. but ive been eating crappy so thats why. im still exercising 5-6 days a week. im doing great with the exercise, its my poor eating thats screwing me up!! tomorrows easter and i know im gna blow it. i worked out super extra today to help out....lets hope it does!!! see everyone next week and congrats to everyone that lost weight!!!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Hey everyone.. fooja, that's great.. 2lbs a week is awesome.. keep up with the great exercising!

So I am not even kidding you, I gained a pound in 3 days.. ugh.. I've been slacking.. crazy work hours, had me eating whatever was there and not working out.. =(

Off for a few days, and was looking forward to getting out and about with my son, but of course,thunder storms everyday this week, and mother nature was just teasing us.

Last weekend.. 30 degree's and snowing
    This weekend 75-80, sunny and gorgeous.. had to buy some shorts, because my ones from last year didn't fit (too big)
    This coming weekend.. low 40's possible sleet..

I'm so mad!!!! LOL

Oh well, I bought a book today (dear John.. want to read it before I see the movie) to keep me from bored eating... And weighed in at work for biggest loser competition.. =)

Today it's still sunny, so we're already been to the park, going jogging this evening.. hopefully.
  • alwaters2205
    Options
    I am new here but have similar goals...my best friend is getting married on June 26 in St Maarten and I am DEFINITELY NOT READY to wear a bathing suit!!! I would like to lose 30 pounds by then but I know that is a stretch. I weigh 175 now and have problems in my stomach area because I lose about 100 pounds a few years ago very quickly and that left me with a lot of extra skin. I did that in a VERy unhealthy way (mostly not eating) and I would like to do it the healthy way this time. Any help would be appreciated!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    30 lbs by end of June is a bit high, if you want to lose it and keep it off, but not unattainable, if it's the first30.. Iknow I lost the first 20 rather quickly.. in about 4 weeks.. Do this the healthy way, and you will be much better off! Good luck with everything..

Just to let you know.. I am 217lbs and a size 14/15 jeans.. (down from269) and I bought a swim suit the other day, it's the skirt and loose tank from JCP.. it's not suppossed to be tight to your stomach.. I love it! Confidence is BEAUTIFUL! Remember that!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My 27th birthday is July 18th. I currently weigh 196 pounds and I would like to be 175 by the time my birthday comes around.

My plan is to keep track of my calories & eat back as many of my exercise calories as I can. I also plan to cut out soda & sugary foods (except for on occassion), drink plenty of water & get in cardio & strength training at least 3 times a week.

Well I weighed in the night after I posted this (3/29) at 193.4 and again last night (4/5) at 190.8, so I'm feeling good about my goal currently. Still no soda, though I did have a couple of glasses of tea on Easter and a couple for my cousin's baby shower. Cardio & strentgh training 4x last week, plus 3 miles at the park on Sunday.

This weekend is going to be challenging because I'm going out of town for the weekend for a friend's bridal shower. I know there will be a lot of eating out, not to mention drinking. I plan to stay sober Friday because I know I will overdo it with the drinks Saturday. Not to mention my ex asked me out to dinner tonight.... and I realllly want sushi. I mean, I suppose there could be worse things, right?

Congrats to you all on you weight loss and hard work! We can do this!
  • monkey_2
    monkey_2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Really wasn't looking forward to getting on the scale today, but it's been a while since I've weighed in, and thought I should see where I'm at. To my surprise, it actually went down!! WooHoo! At first I didn't beleive it, but hey, I'll take what I can get! So, that's 12 down, 18 to go!
  • gilliani
    gilliani Posts: 8
    Options
    wow! everyone is doing so well! I am down to 220lbs now and although I'm doing quite well with my eating- my exercise seems to be going wrong. I just can't seem to get into it at the minute and even doing wii fit is seeming like too much effort :( Well need to get back into it cos only 20lb to go and I'll be 200lb----for my birthday on 29th July! :-)
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    I am so happy everyone is seeing results.. I am down to 217.2.. WAHOO.. can't wait to pass this 216 threshold.. I look at every pound as a new challenge... So excited to weigh in tomorrow.. ! Yes I am a scale slave.. and I am proud! lol
  • monkey_2
    Options
    15 weeks to go!! we can do it!!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    15 weeks and this morning I weighed in at 215.0... 15lbs in 15 weeks! So excited! I can do that... If I can get to 210 in the next 2 weeks, I might have to up my goal.. =)
    15 weeks to go!! we can do it!!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    IM NOT DOING SO SWELL.... THATS A .2 LOSS I HAD NOT A 2LB LOSS :( I SNUCK A WEIGH IN THIS AM WHICH I SHOULDNT HAVE DONE. I DONT WEIGH MYSELF OFTEN BECAUSE OF THIS. IM WEIGHING IN ON SATURDAYS FOR MY WEEKLY WEIGH IN. ANYWAYS, SAT I WAS 207.8 AND TODAY I WAS 210.6!!!! IM LIKE WTF!!!!! I KNOW IT DOESNT COUNT AND IM TRYING NOT TO LET IT BOTHER ME, BUT IT IS!!! SO I'M TRYING NOT TO EAT TOO MUCH TODAY. IM GONNA TRY TO STAY WITH 1500-1600 CALS REGARDLESS OF MY EXERCISE AND SEE IF IT HELPS. I WAS EATING ALL OF MY EXERCISE CALS, MAYBE THATS NOT WORKING FOR ME. PLUS IVE HAD SOME CRAP THE PAST MONTH THAT I SHOULDNT HAVE HAD. IM SOOO HUNGRY!! ITS LIKE ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT LATELY....IM CONSTANTLY THINKING ABOUT FOOD.....IDK WHAT TO DO!!! SEEMS LIKE IM CONSTANLY IN THE KITCHEN FIXING SOMETHING FOR THE KIDS AND THAT MAKES ME HUNGRY!! IDK WHAT TO DO BUT I NEED TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT!!
  • monkey_2
    Options
    Great job jaybird!! 15 lbs in 15 weeks will be no problem for you! I bet you could even make it to 20 or 25!

fooja, don't let this get you down, you can do this!! If you're thinking about food too much, try doing something to take your mind off of it; go for a walk, play a game with your kids, or pick up a hobby. I like to sew, and when i'm working on a project, time flies by without me thinking about food at all. Or, if you've really got food on the mind, try drinking a large glass of water and waiting a half hour. If you're still hungry have a small snack, something that will help fill you up a little. I find the protein helps me, like a stick of string cheese (only about 80 calories) or a couple slices of low fat lunch meat. Other than that, I'd say to try and stay out of the kitchen when it's not meal time. Hope that helps!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm bouncing between 216 and 214 ugh.. On top of it, I'm sick.. Just a cold.. hopefully, not the flu.. Weather has been crazy.. 80's then 30's then 85-87 now back down to the 30's.. Took my vitamin this morning, hoping it'll give me some energy to kick butt this afternoon at work..