What is your resting heart rate?

Options

Replies

• Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sitting at my desk right now I'm at between 44 and 48 bpm.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's about 60 bpm on my second cup of coffee. It gets down as low as 50 and up as high as 80 at resting.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Mine used to run aroud 60 before I started working out. Now it's around 45. I've seen it as low as 38.
    Low heart rate that is caused by something sinister like a heart block is usually accompanied by other symptoms, like weakness, dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath, etc.
    I've never had any symptoms, and my dad's HR always ran low, so I'm pretty sure my HR is a combination of genetics and exercise.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    44 at my desk right now. I've been in the 40s-low 50s on the blood pressure thing at Walmart after walking around the store for a while too. :)
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old and mine run below 45 all the time. Every now and then a doctor will freak out and have me tested, but so far they say I'm good.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious.
    I'm 45 yrs, 6'-2" and about 222 lbs and since I've become a cardio junkie my RHR has come way down. It's about 39 bpm.
    At first I was worried but the more I read about it, I guess it's a good thing.

What's yours?

Ddude u got atrial fibralation. U need digoxin.

No, just No.
    39 is fine for an athletic man. Call it a-fib at 108bpm, even then you NEED and ECG to diagnose. Don't go tossing crap like that out there like that.

Yes, just YES. Thank you Kokopelli. Atrial fibrillation has a highly variable rate. This variability is part of the diagnosis. Controlled rates are usually less than 100. Must have ECG with interpretation. There is also a condition called Atrial Flutter which is different.

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled unsolicted advice

BTW my resting HR is 62ish. Goofy posts on MFP can get me up to 72 with only lifting an index finger.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Last time I posted in this thread it was 60, yesterday I checked it and it was 50. Just completed 12 weeks of HADD base training before starting Marathon training and may continue to run <70% of WHR as think this was a factor in the lowered RHR?
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and run a lot. It has been as low as 38 when well rested. Yesterday it counted 34 but I'm not sure I counted right. When I went to recount it I got excited about the number and it went up LOL. In the daytime when I'm sitting around its usually between 42 and 48.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Does it matter. I wear a pacemaker and it has set numbers. Am I a failure?
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    34 rested and first thing in the morning before rising.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    60 right now... in the morning is like 55 give or take..
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    In my early 20's it was about 62bpm.
    Right now, at 37, my RHR is 47bpm.
    In my late 20's, after 5 years of kickboxing and 2 years of running, it got down to 43bpm.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 84 which sounds bad but I do tons of cardio and it never gets any lower. I get up into the 170s doing cardio too. I did have Supraventricular tachycardia which sent my heart rate up to 250 and stuck there until I went to the ER and had an IV to lower it. I later had a catheter ablation where they burned areas in my heart to stop the electrical signal from getting "stuck". Been a hard year for me for sure!
  • sazzarina
    sazzarina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine is 72 but i have dilated cardiomyopathy so i am drugged to keep it low. Without the drugs it would be like 150
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've not measured it properly - as in sat down and just chilled out before checking, but lowest it's been is about 62bpm. I'm 28 yo, fairly active (from around 2 months ago) but obese.
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    My 80bpm at rest is starting to feel worrying after reading this thread.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys have crazy low heart rates! I was getting freaked out for a while because mine was always over 90. I went to the doctor, my average seems to be 98. He said it was due to my weight. He said if I lost 20 lbs he expected it to drop.

Right now my heart rate is about 90, just sitting here. I get freaked out because supposedly if it is above a certain number it increases your chance for a heart attack.

I have tested it on other days since I have lost 12 lbs and the lowest I got was 72.

BTW, I am 28, 251 lbs, 5' 7".

Jen
  • actlc
    actlc Posts: 84
    Options
    47, lowest i recorded so far.
    was about 60+ before started running.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    68. "Normal" range for adults is around 60-100, from what I remember.