What is your resting heart rate?

Options

Replies

• Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and my RHR hovers at 50-54. When I run at around 6 mph it goes up to the 185-192 range.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    47 yo, 38 bpm
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It depends. I just got through playing the wii about 10 minutes ago, and did a long run today and my HR is at 50 right now. In the morning, a few days ago, it was at 42. 3 months ago it was 62.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is in the 90s. :( Found it really hard to push my heart rate beyond 175 during workouts 'cos I really feel I could collapse if I don't slow down to catch my breath.
    I'm not overweight and currently starts working out to lose some excess fat. I admit I was never a workout person, only started hitting the gym this june. That was around the time when an annual company checkup revealed I am actually anemic as well.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    My resting heartrate measured in the morning has ranged from 54 - 56
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Im 6 ft 188 pounds now and its 68 bpm back in november when i first started at 251 pounds it was 123 so its gotten better :)
  • runshawnab
    Options
    Mine is 48 during the day but gets really high while working out, up to 200. I am 5'2, and 31 years old & 129 lbs.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    60 but I'm on medicine to lower my HR so I don't really count!!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 160 lbs, and my RHR is around 65-70. Which I guess is right about normal to above normal in the charts that I looked up after freaking out reading this thread.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Ddude u got atrial fibralation. U need digoxin.
    'Tis better to keep silence and be thought a fool than it is to speak and prove it.

My resting HR is 48-52
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I am 62 and my resting heart rate is 42. Had it checked with the doctor who said that was great.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    57yo Male
    6' 1"
    215lbs.
    RHR = 55-58 bpm
    .... I'm not a cardio junkie, but I do cardio.
    It was about 70 when I started regular exercise. :bigsmile:
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm back doing daily cardio, is around 57/60. I'm 43
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've always been low, when my thyroid gets a bit messed up I've measured as low as under 40. I'm 39, 5'1, 160lb and work out a reasonable amount.

I'm somewhere between 50 and 60 - with a stable thyroid.
  • SlideboyxBrian
    SlideboyxBrian Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Before I started to loose weight mine was about 65-70. Then when I had lost about 50kg rather quickly over 5-6months I was told at a blood donation that my heart rate was 45 beats a minute and I should go to my doctor because I may need a pace maker (Bradycardia). This freaked me out. My doctor refered me to a cardiologist who sent me for expensive echo cardiogram and a 24hr holter monitor. All came back as normal and the cariologist said so long as I had no other symptoms of passing out or anything I would be ok and to visit again in a year. I did relaps weight wise and put about 10 kilos back on and after a year I beleive my body has ajusted and I am back at around 55-58. I am working to get my diet back into line and have lost 5 kg and looking to loose another 10-15 by the end of the year. I have done a lot of exercise for my weight loss and beleive my fitness is now quite high. Before i started to loose weight the first time, I was also stopped by the blood bank from giveing blood because my iron was very low and was sent off for a bunch of expensive tests for that too, nothing was found and i put that down to the very very poor nutrisional diet of sugars and grains I was on. Now I feel great and I am on the right track.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    58 shoots up to around 160 when I do cardio
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    mine is in the high 30s generally
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    42bpm. That's not total rest though, that's at least standing up & just after I stopped moving a little. Totally motionless & laying down I get to 35.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked it was 68.