Things we learned as kids

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No desert if you don't eat your dinner.
    Go outside and play

ETA: Jesus loves you, but he doesn't want you to wear sneakers to church.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Anybody can control a woman's body...the key is to control her miiiind dig it?

You learned that as a child?!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Eat everything on your plate because there are children starving in India...yea, that worked out.

Gigglesnort! Nize
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    7) if you're happy and you know it. clap your hands.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Don't trust anyone.
    Friends are only out to hurt you.
    Drink your problems away.

I'm thinking thats not what you meant but I would rather die than continue the cycle. The things I try to instill in my children are much different:

Make sure the people you love know it.
    Always make strong eye contact.
    Treat others the way you want to be treated.
    Laugh everyday, all day

Ugh! It is crappy what some kids go through, but so AWEZUM you persevered! Great attitude!
  • Timshel_
    Options
    They know too many secrets :laugh:

Oh God, yeah they do.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That my parent are always wrong and that I will always be right! Ha
  • cmkeene01
    Options
    Eat everything on your plate because there are children starving in India...yea, that worked out.

My mom tried that on my brother when he was little. he said send it to them then because I don't like it!:tongue:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    To treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Pick up your own room

Don't start using a word that you don't know the meaning of. (damn you Ricky Greene)

"I was doing a safety test" is not a valid reason for pushing a younger brother off the roof.

Never tell a kid who out weights you by 40 lbs "your arguments is erroneous. your facts do not support your theory". especially when that kid does not know those words and thinks you just called him a name.

That was the best belly laugh I had all day! Thanks! : )
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Oh, and never go in the fridge without washing your hands first
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

My mom tried that on my brother when he was little. he said send it to them then because I don't like it!:tongue:

Yes that one worked out great for me too! Was a hard habit to get out of! X
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    To never talk back to my mother...ever :noway: :tongue:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Me too! Now I know not to pass that on to my kids!

They also taught me to always follow my heart and be my own person. They taught me to be a free thinker, except for when it came to them and their rules. :laugh: It took me awhile to understand the difference.
  • ohnstadk
    ohnstadk Posts: 143 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^^ I was told the same thing, and was NEVER taught portion control, now I am 22 and teaching it to myself and its a lot harder than if some one had taught me as a child.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Dance.

Only boring people get bored. (Thanks Grandma!!)

If you can't say it, try to sing it.
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    don't play with mom's lighter unless you want mom's hair on fire and a sore *kitten*.
    when mom gives you a tablespoon of whiskey to teach you how yucky booze is don't ask for more. unless you want a sore *kitten*.
    when you fall in the creek and walk home like the mud-monster, don't come in the house without getting the hose turned on you. unless you want a sore *kitten*.
    when your brother is wrapped in tin foil as a robot for Halloween, don't pick little pieces off him and leave them all over the neighborhood as a trail. unless you want a half robot brother and a sore *kitten*..
    don't squeeze your head in between the railing to peek downstairs. you may or may not get a sore *kitten*.
  • cenahome
    Options
    When you feel like crying:cry: , try not to laugh :laugh: (yes, I use this with all kids)
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood:smile:
    The sun will come out, Tomorrow (Thanks Annie!)
    We're not lost (says mom, driving a country road), we're on an adventure!
    Always remember what it's like to be the new kid - and help the new kid not feel that way.
    You have to wait an hour to swim after you have eaten.
    Vegetable oil is not sunscreen (ouch!)
    Don't write anything you don't want anyone else to see (especially that B*** in the row next to you.
    Singing "Hit me with your best shot" may result in being hit - hard - by a boy.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If it's not on sale don't even bother asking for it.

In Mom's defense she had 5 kids and, including my dad, 7 mouths to feed.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    What happened to white dog ****