n0ob's guide to being one of the "in" crowd...

Options
n0ob
n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
Since everybody strives to be one of the cool kids, here's how you do it. (and before every one of my friends and this board remind me that I'm not even one of the cool kids and to STFU lemme say :tongue:)

Lay low at first. Don't come out guns blazing with anything opinionated or controversial.

Lurk and find out who the cool kids are, they aren't hard to figure out/spot.

Don't get butthurt. Nobody forgets on a forum and you'll be scarred for life. Even a cool kid can get banished from a forum for getting butthurt.

Post funny gifs. Nothing wins hearts faster.

Post some useful info to get your street cred up. Even if you're clueless, just notice what regulars are posting a lot (follow fullofwin for example) and hit up another newbie with the same info he'd post before he gets to it.

Make sure your gender ratio stays respectable on your friends list. 3:1 female/male is generally ok for men, and 1:1 ok for women.

Kiss the *kitten* of whatever cool kid has mercy on you and allows you to be their friend.

Work your way up one of their friends lists (friends of friends is a common way to add new friends amongst cool kids).

Have fun, be yourself, and don't take MFP too seriously.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Ariel's guide to being one of the "in" crowd: Don't listen to anything n0ob says. It hasn't worked for him.

NOTE TO MODS: We are friends. I IS MAKING A JOKE. Kind of. :tongue:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

I'm not one of the cool kids but my friends are!
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    who are you?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    youre-awesome.gif

i've achieved MFP popularity among a very small sample size, so my life is complete.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Aggressively flirt-stalk the cool friends of your one cool friend until they are brainwashed into believing that you are awesome by association.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Since everybody strives to be one of the cool kids, here's how you do it. (and before every one of my friends and this board remind me that I'm not even one of the cool kids and to STFU lemme say :tongue:)

Lay low at first. Don't come out guns blazing with anything opinionated or controversial.

Don't get butthurt. Nobody forgets on a forum and you'll be scarred for life. Even a cool kid can get banished from a forum for getting butthurt.

Post funny gifs. Nothing wins hearts faster.

Post some useful info to get your street cred up. Even if you're clueless, just notice what regulars are posting a lot (follow fullofwin for example) and hit up another newbie with the same info he'd post before he gets to it.

Make sure your gender ratio stays respectable on your friends list. 3:1 female/male is generally ok for men, and 1:1 ok for women.

Kiss the *kitten* of whatever cool kid has mercy on you and allows you to be their friend.

Work your way up one of their friends lists (friends of friends is a common way to add new friends amongst cool kids).

Zach-Galifianakis-tiny-hands-clapping-wig-13546577360.gif
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I'm a lone wolf. Ppl can join my pack or take a hike. I dont give an F.
  • Wolf_
    Wolf_ Posts: 442
    Options
    I don't strive. I just am.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I didn't think cliques were allowed?? This is divisive.

*we are friends, I am attempting to be funny with my friend.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm too cool to be one of the cool kids.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I am not a cool kid but am loved by the cool kids who respect me telling the cool kids when they're wrong. They also respect me having civilized disagreements with them and possibly thats why they're good friends of mine.

I don't mind not being one of the "in" crowd since everything I really need from this site is already available here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/friends/list/17121359
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    lol, but if I would have to lurk doesn't that just make me creepy??
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.5001790891886091&pid=1.7
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Post funny gifs. Nothing wins hearts faster. - puts on to-do list

Make sure your gender ratio stays respectable on your friends list. 3:1 female/male is generally ok for men, and 1:1 ok for women. -need more male friends

Kiss the *kitten* of whatever cool kid has mercy on you and allows you to be their friend. -I forgot to kiss *kitten*!

• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mes7fr6PXo1r0jddko1_500.gif

Can't yall just accept a resume or CV?
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Learn all this and more if you purchase Noob's Guide to Being One of the "In" Crowd for only $19.95!!!

Dear mods: We're friends ... this is a joke ... he really isn't selling something.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'm a lone wolf. Ppl can join my pack or take a hike. I dont give an F.

Are you still a lone wolf if you have a pack?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't care either way, High School this ain't!
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I didn't think cliques were allowed?? This is divisive.

*we are friends, I am attempting to be funny with my friend.

PAM!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    lol, but if I would have to lurk doesn't that just make me creepy??

Just post a bunch of "LOL's" on the chit chat to get your post count up. Everyone assumes posters with a high post count are regulars. It makes riding the friend ladder easier.