5'10 female. Is 130 too low?

Options

Replies

• alowry007
    alowry007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 125-130... I felt and looked my best when I weighed this a few years ago.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily too low. I'm 124 and 5'9", which makes it close to the same BMI.

I have a small frame and eat 2000 calories a day. At the lowest point during my weight loss I was eating 1400. I didn't have to starve myself to get to this weight, but I do make healthy choices over bad ones.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 155. I'd LOVE to see 145 again, but with my age, I'm a realist. I was 130 in high school, but I was a stick. Yeah, I think for you that 130 is definitely too low. You do want to look curvy. I know when I got sick and got down to 140 a few years ago, I didn't look good at all.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest getting a body scan, like the BodPod done. I am 5'10 and 199lb currently, but my lean body mass (everything BUT the fat) ALONE is 145 lbs. So for me/my body, I'd literally be loosing muscle to get to that low of a weight. A scan like that will give you a good idea of how much body fat vs. lean mass you have and a better goal to shoot for...
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am 122#
    I have a very small frame
    I gain weight first in my tummy, butt & thighs and I just don't feel comfortable when I weigh much more than 125.
    I don't consider myself underweight
    I work out doing cardio and strength
    I am strong and healthy
    As long as you are eating a healthy, balanced diet, do what feels comfortable to you

thisss
    it depends on bone structure and what not
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fascinating how what other people think is "no, that's too skinny" only because it's not feasible for them. If it looks good on you, fcking do it. :)
  • raynavee
    Options
    Ideal weight for a woman at 5'10" is 148-175lbs (that's my height). Anything lower is considered too little fat.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I think that 130 or 125 would be fine for me. I say that because my frame is small. My current goal is 135 which is already lower than a lot of women my height. It just depends on what your body fat percentage is at that weight. Mine at 140-145 is 25%. That's on the high end of healthy. So yeah, I see where you're coming from.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Why not aim for 150 then concentrate on body composition instead of weight?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and just finished a bulk, and now am cutting.

in my profile pic i am 185
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    it's a bit low.
    I'm 5'8" and if I get below 130 I start to look a bit gaunt. Concentrate on getting stronger, weights.
    Don't worry so much about the actual scale. The reason people say this so much, is because it' works.

I'd rather have a nice trim muscular figure, than be "skinny".
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ideal weight for a woman at 5'10" is 148-175lbs (that's my height). Anything lower is considered too little fat.

That is misinformation. "Too little fat" is determined by measuring body fat percentage, not by weight. And if your BMI is above 18.5 you are considered in the "healthy range," which means that the lowest healthy weight for 5'10 by the BMI charts is 129 lbs. But like I said, the body fat percentage matters more. 130 could be a healthy weight for someone of that height but it depends on body type, muscle mass, etc. As long as you feel healthy and energetic, and your body fat percentage doesn't drop below 14% you're probably ok.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body fat at that weight - you cannot directly compare yourself to others as they will have different fat distribution and muscle mass.
  • hunterjumper642
    hunterjumper642 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'10. Originally my goal weight was also 130 but since we typically are exercising, I think we should be a little higher because of muscle mass, athleticism, etc. I'm now aiming for 140 or 145. But every person is different so judge where you are now and base it off of that, I guess.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body. Frame, muscle, etc... I am not an expert though! I know for me (from past experience), 170 is about as low as I can go without looking anorexic, and I am 5'9".

i agree im 5'8 medium body frame and i can go to 132 pounds but its soo hard to maintain i got told i looked sick being that skinny i dunno i look better at 140 - 150 heathly and i can maintain it and have muscle tone
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 129. My original goal was 130 and I'm thrilled I reached it but I think I'll be happier at 125. I can't even imagine being your height at 130. Then again, I'm a medium frame and I was happy with my weight between 120-125.
  • alaskanaomi
    Options
    I would say go with what feels healthy. For me, and I'm 5'8, I feel healthiest at around 135. But that's not going to be necessarily true for someone else who is my height. There are a lot of factors to consider (activity level, climate, etc.) but what it all really comes down to is how you feel about it. Your health is the most important thing.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 9 - Currently weigh 139lbs - And I think personally if I lost 9lbs and got down to 130, Everyone would think I look ill. 4/5lbs yes.... But not 9lbs!!

You just want to look healthy, feel happy, and be toned. Not damage your body by a very strict low diet, where you feel tired, ill and hungry all the time

Thats not healthy is it??? Good luck with your weight lost, but please dont get too low

xx
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how it looks. I'm 5'6.5'' and weighed in at 118 the other day. The BMI is fairly low, but it looks ok on me. I don't look like I'm starving or anything. I'd say you should aim for a higher weight initially (because 130 really is quite low for someone that tall) and see how you feel once you get there. Plus, there's people 20 pounds heavier than me that look way better because they're all muscle. It's not about the weight.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Please see link below... There are definately 3 types of body frame sizes! I am 5'6 and when I weighed 120 I looked anorexic because of my medium bone size.
    http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html