HELP!!! Need to pull together an outfit... see pics.

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
My girlfriend is going to an event this weekend and would like to look good. We are in a heated debate on "what stockings are appropriate" basically.

DRESS: 2013-02-01_1330.png

BELT:Skinny Leopard Print (image isn't working)

SHOES: 2013-02-01_1416.png

The question is:

1. Can I wear patterned stockings??

if no...

2. Can I wear Navy Blue Stockings??

I will not state my opinion here. I would just like your non-biased feedback.

Replies

• Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    No, and no.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'd have to see the stockings. But in my humble opinion you can pull anything off.
    You just seem stylish.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    No, and no.

Thank you for your feedback. And your recommendation for hosiery would be? (Assume the legs in question are EXTREMELY circus clown white).
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I'd have to see the stockings. But in my humble opinion you can pull anything off.
    You just seem stylish.

It's not me... honest :)

Edit to say.... C'mon, you know I have no life, what event would I be going to?? *LOL*
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    depends on the patterned stockings - what kind of pattern? Definitely NO on navy.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I loathe stockings. Opaque black tights would work, but not with the shoes.

Navy blue is a big effing no. This isn't the 80s.

I'd have to see what kind of "patterns" you're talking about.
  • Ncharles2013
    Options
    Def. no stockings. the lepo. belt with clash with stockings that have designs..... i would say with out stockings! and gold earrings, gold jewlery
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    the lepo. belt with clash with stockings that have designs.....

That is what I was thinking.
  • Ncharles2013
    Options
    if your legs are too white.... go buy you some JERGENS lotion... :) that can add alittle color to the skin.
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    No, and no.
    same thoughts here
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    no navy! but i would do fishnet or some version of black/lace....maybe argyle even, just to funkify it. i love tights. keep things sassy but classy ;)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    No and No. I think you can pull of dark stockings with those shoes, but black, not navy.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Since I know this is about Corn now...

..Corn, I love you girl, but if you're doing the leopard print belt, the shoes need to be black, and you can rock some black opaque tights.

Navy is out of the question. Again, the 80s called. It wants it's tights back.

Patterned is fine, only if they're tonal. Again, though, the belt and the shoes need to match if you go that route. Red belt, not leopard print.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I would go with patterned (only if it's a small pattern and the stockings are black) over navy blue stockings
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I second that you can go without stockings. But definitely not patterned with a leopard print belt!!! And NO NAVY!!!!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    14334250_130125102048.jpg

the patterned would be like so...
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I would go with black opaque tights. I love an all black dress and all black tights together. The belt & shoes will make everything come together well. You don't want anymore pattern/color with the differing shoes & belt IMO
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Definitely no on the navy - the pattern would depend on what it is. Maybe something more fistnet like or the lace style ones? Worse case just wear pantyhose.

ETA- you posted a picture while I was typing apparently. I think those would be fine. Or like others are saying opaque black tights would work well too.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    No stockings
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Definitely a no one the blue. Yes on the pattern! :flowerforyou: