HELP!!! Need to pull together an outfit... see pics.

Options

Replies

• Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    No, and no.

Thank you for your feedback. And your recommendation for hosiery would be? (Assume the legs in question are EXTREMELY circus clown white).

Black dress w/patterned belt and red shoes? Black stockings.

ETA: Black dress w/red belt and shoes? Patterned stockings shown would be fabulous.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Black opaque tights. All day, every day.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    No stockings. All natural.

Oh child, you have NOT seen my legs. Or transparency of my legs.

Meh....I prefer the real thing. Start throwing on stockings and stuff, I feel like you're trying to hide something. Course, I'm weird that way.....I don't care for makeup either. :)
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    NO! NO. Sometimes being simple makes an outfit look the best!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    14334250_130125102048.jpg

the patterned would be like so...

YES. With a leopard belt, it COULD be a bit much... but definitely "pull offable."

PICS PLZ WITH FINISHED ENSEMBLE.

I like these too....replace leopard belt with red to match the shoes
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    #1 - Navy stockings were said to piss off Sarah.

#2- The belt is REVERSIBLE and Sarah has knocked herself out too many times to recall that I said I could make the belt leopard or red.

#3 - I DO WHAT I WANT!!

X5bSB_zps4bf25d88.gif

I love you. But you LIE!!!
  • NotSoShabby
    Options
    Fish Nets (not the ones with large holes)
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I agree with most... A def N-O on the navy stockings. The pattern ones may clash with leopard... Maybe solid shoes and belt instead of leopard...

What do I know though... I wrear blue jeans to church and pjs to work....
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    If the belt AND shoes are red, I think those tights would be fun.

Are you conceding that I win?

Agreed!!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You can not wear navy blue stockings. The highlight of your outfit is the shoes and maybe belt, throw in patterned black tights it might be too much.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Honestly, neither. I loathe stockings!! I don't think it would look good at all.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would change the shoes to black and wear nude stockings.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

yes with that new "reversible" information I concede that you win. Have fun!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I think if the pattern is in a black tight, like pictured, it would be fine.

Animal print has pretty much become another neutral. Wear the tights, belt and red shoes. Red belt and red shoes, to me, is too matchy matchy. One no longer needs to match their accessories.

Navy and black, both neutrals, can be done together but it has to be done just right or one may appear to look like a big bruise. Personally, I try to avoid mixing them but I see other people pulling it off. I don't think it would work in this instance.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear either, I think it will just end up looking too busy. The red shoes and belt will already stand out.

I would get a can of sally hansen airbrush legs, lol, that stuff is amazing!
    Make up for your legs :)
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Agreed!!

t8zvc_zps8c9af179.gif
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    No! black shoes with the black dress and nude - JonathanAstonFishnetTightsNatural2.jpg
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    No, and no.

Agree.
  • Jessiek75rt
    Jessiek75rt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would say either regular tan colored panty hose, sheer black hose, or black with a subtle pattern. I love the black with subtle lace pattern posted earlier!

~~Jessie
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I agree with the consensus that navy just won't look right. If you want pattern stockings, then lose the belt. Competing patterns will look messy and, at worst, trashy or silly. I love the black dress with red shoes, and that usually goes best with nude stockings, with or without the belt. May I also suggest spray on stockings, which look gorgeous. Colored silk fibers are sprayed on with a moisturizer, and it looks like sheer pantyhose, but covers any blemishes. You can get a bottle in the lingerie department of many department stores. For patterned stockings, your shoes should match the color of the stockings, plus that will make your legs look longer. Good luck!