Guys do you ever feel like you can't do it.

Options
It seems like its too far out of my reach. I don't think I'll be able too. Do you guys ever feel like this. :(

Replies

• jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I find breaking it down into a simple daily challenge helps rather than focusing on weeks and months and big numbers.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Been there, and then I wake up the next day and keep at it!

Only way to accomplish anything worth doing is to never, ever give up!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Do what? Your question was pretty vague, though I am sure that was intentional.

Do I ever feel like my weight loss is stalled? Yeap.
    Do I ever feel like I can't lift heavier at my next session? Not yet.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I see from your ticker that you've lost 17 lbs so it appears that you can do it and are doing it.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I tell myself I can do it all even though inside I feel like I can't.
    The mind is a powerful thing... You can create your own reality. Even if at times you have to force it. And I'd rather struggle to work towards something than to just give up. I don't think giving up is in my vocabulary.
    I have to push play on Insanity even though I really want to take a nap right now... Procrastination is the 1 thing I wish I could change though.
  • Cocotte30
    Cocotte30 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get down because I have unrealistic expectations. During those down times I try to think about the reasons why I am doing this and how hard I work towards achieving my goals. I try to stay focused by setting milestones. This way, every time I achieve a milestone, I celebrate it by treating myself to a cheat meal, within reason of course.
  • Sholmes82
    Options
    Yes I do at times...but then I remember I didn't put it on over night so it won't come off that way either.I put my focus back on what my accomplishments have been thus far and set small goals and work towards them rather then looking at my long term goals or my goal weight..reward yourself once in awhile it won't hurt and you won't feel deprived but remember to bounce right back into your healthy regimen..Take it one day at a time before you know it you will be where you want to..but it is definitely gonna take time and patience :)
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothin' to it but to do it.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow...I thought this was a crazy sex question...lol...btw...no
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Often.

You just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    It seems like its too far out of my reach. I don't think I'll be able too. Do you guys ever feel like this. :(

When I started, it felt like a long time, but the time really does slide on past quickly. Now I am glad for all my hard work, I can see a summer ahead of me where I will be trim enough to rock the swimsuits.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself that my weight isn't going to drop much and its all about the measurements because I'm hitting the weights hard and I'm building lean muscle mass, but I still get discouraged when the scale doesn't move down any.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    well if guys don't feel like they can do it, there is a pill for that.

But on a more serious note.. stop thinking you can't. The more positive you THINK the more positive your results are.
    Most success stories are people who KNEW they could.

SO KNOW IT!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Make sure your goal is realistic. (calculate lean body mass and what your percent body fat will be at your goal)
    Step 2: Make sure your current plan is on track and realistic. (eating enough, sleeping enough, getting enough exercise and not over doing or under doing any of it)
    Step 3: Just keep at it.
  • marsha3x
    marsha3x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sometimes finding new information helps motivate you...like trying new foods to incorporate in your diet, or just new recipes in general, or new workout plans/classes, sharing successes with a friend (or perhaps competing with a friend/foe) - changing small details makes it NEW and EXCITING again.

Stick with it!! One day at a time!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You're already down 17 lbs... Great job so far! You know you want to say good bye to the rest.
  • jdrzal
    jdrzal Posts: 21
    Options
    YES!!! But take it 1 step at a time.
    I lost 55lbs. It took over a year but it was worth it. I cryed. I struggled. I wanted to give up, but I dug deep down and asked myself "why am I doing this?" Vanity? because doing it for looks got old really quick! lol I did it to feel better. For my health. I found enjoyment in exercise. I enjoy the way eating healthy makes me feel. I did because for once in myself I didnt want to give up on myself. I want to challenge my mind and body. I want to see what I was made it.
    Dont give in & dont give up.
    Let that feeling of "giving up" empower you to push harder. Find your inner strength. Find your "why" and go from there. Your a lot stronger than you think. And remember, It will be worth it. :)
  • Lorilooo
    Options
    Every single day. But I try to keep telling myself that even if I fail at what I'm doing right now I'm still not literally killing myself like I was before.

One meal at a time. ;)
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yes, often feel like I cannot do this but then realize that I put it on so I can take it off. However, I cannot lose a lot at once but just 1 lb at a time.
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    Ask yourself......Where will I be in 6 months if I do nothing?