Since Obamacare is the Law of the Land...

Options
Topher1978
Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
Since we have Obamacare as the law of the land, I think we should inundate the WH with requests that part of the plan is free gym membership as this would cost us less in the long run if we utilize it. It would essentially be a budget cut, even if it doesn't sound like it off the bat!

I just sent the Pres an email about it!! :drinker:

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    That actually wouldnt be a bad idea. Not free but discounted like many gyms do only make it mandatory. Only negative is that the only way to monitor it is the log ins for your gym Key. But if you go to places like Snap or anytime, you can literally swype your key and leave.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I dunno. They more they pay for, the more things they get to control and make more rules for.
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    bad idea.. then a ton of people will have gym memberships they never use and gym owners will just get rich of tax dollars.
  • MetSox129
    MetSox129 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i think our "President" should take his bs "Obamacare" and shove it up his *kitten*.....
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Our health insurance comes with gym access, no fees what so ever!! :happy:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I dunno. They more they pay for, the more things they get to control and make more rules for.

The more they pay for, the more comes out of my paycheck. Everything is going up except my pay. If we keep on like this, before long I'll be working for free.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

What? where do you live?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

What? where do you live?

Florida
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    i think our "President" should take his bs "Obamacare" and shove it up his *kitten*.....

Nice example of civility and intelligent discussion.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think there should be a discount for gym memberships. Some health plans do cover this as an incentive to be healthy. In Canada anyways and depends who your working for.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

What he said :)
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Well, the election was the peoples chance to do that. Was it legit? Who am I to say. Regardless, Justice Roberts made the call in the Judicial Branch, and straight up said that it was up to the voters.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Let's grow the government, yay!

*head desk*
  • Topher1978
    Options
    For the record, I am a conservative, and I did not care for Obamacare. I spent 100+ hours a week campaigning for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan here in OH. I was the Field Manager for Belmont County. I busted my *kitten* to kick Obama out of the White House. I figure it like this, if they are gonna tax the *kitten* out of me for health care, I should get something in return. We failed to overturn it. We lost. End of story on that front. Now, I say we make the best with what we got. It would make the overall cost of Obamacare go down, as there would be less illness for it to fix. So it is not growing the gov, it is using the current funding in a more intelligent way.

I will also add, I believe in universal healthcare. I believe that drug companies should be taken to task for gouging US citizens. I think that tort reform is necessary. I believe that to have a true health care system we need medical doctors, and naturopathic doctors to be involved. On one hand, I have no problem with Michelle Obama trying to get healthy food into public schools. I think it is a great idea to make the cafeterias in schools healthy. If you want unhealthy food, bring it from home. I am cool with that. In my opinion, health care costs that are outrageous should be put to an end. Like $1500 to ride in ambulance. BS. Like $5000 in bills if you have to go to the ER and are the class of people without insurance from your job, don't make enough to buy it, and make to much for the gov to give it to you. That is robbery. That is bullsht. That should be illegal. That should be part of a universal healthcare plan. None of these things were in Obamacare. Obamacare was a handout to insurance companies, drug companies and the like. There's some of my thoughts on this issue.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

The more they pay for, the more comes out of my paycheck. Everything is going up except my pay. If we keep on like this, before long I'll be working for free.
    I already work for peanuts!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    For the record, I am a conservative, and I did not care for Obamacare. I spent 100+ hours a week campaigning for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan here in OH. I was the Field Manager for Belmont County. I busted my *kitten* to kick Obama out of the White House. I figure it like this, if they are gonna tax the *kitten* out of me for health care, I should get something in return. We failed to overturn it. We lost. End of story on that front. Now, I say we make the best with what we got. It would make the overall cost of Obamacare go down, as there would be less illness for it to fix. So it is not growing the gov, it is using the current funding in a more intelligent way.

I will also add, I believe in universal healthcare. I believe that drug companies should be taken to task for gouging US citizens. I think that tort reform is necessary. I believe that to have a true health care system we need medical doctors, and naturopathic doctors to be involved. On one hand, I have no problem with Michelle Obama trying to get healthy food into public schools. I think it is a great idea to make the cafeterias in schools healthy. If you want unhealthy food, bring it from home. I am cool with that. In my opinion, health care costs that are outrageous should be put to an end. Like $1500 to ride in ambulance. BS. Like $5000 in bills if you have to go to the ER and are the class of people without insurance from your job, don't make enough to buy it, and make to much for the gov to give it to you. That is robbery. That is bullsht. That should be illegal. That should be part of a universal healthcare plan. None of these things were in Obamacare. Obamacare was a handout to insurance companies, drug companies and the like. There's some of my thoughts on this issue.
    What's frustrating is to pay a lot for health insurance, work your butt off... and not be able to afford an MRI you need, because it's still over $500
  • Topher1978
    Options

What's frustrating is to pay a lot for health insurance, work your butt off... and not be able to afford an MRI you need, because it's still over $500
    Right. That's BS. That should be illegal.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Welp I see this thread getting locked down.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Um, why did you use quotations for President? He IS our president. He was elected and is a US citizen.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    This is putting the government in our doctors office instead of where they should be. Grow grow grow the government? I don't agree. We will be taxed into poverty. Doctors go into health care to HELP people, but then get disheartened by all the red tape they have to deal with in dealing with the government. I know this is not my opinion, this is what MY doctors have said.
This discussion has been closed.