How many pound did you lose before you noticed?

Options

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have lost 116 pounds. It honestly took me losing 80 pounds before I noticed it by looking in the mirror. I saw it in my baggy clothes and what not. But didn't notice my body change for quite some time.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    I've lost 11lbs so far, really not too much change that I can see but my husband says he can see a difference. My next mini goal is to get in my size 8 jeans, not there yet, hoping soon!!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I've lost 15 and I dont notice much of a difference. I did go down a jean size, but other than that, no changes.
  • harric88
    harric88 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Im 15lb down - only thing thats changed measurements is my boobs - GONE!!! Depressing :( Im a proper pear shape as well eurrggghhh
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I didnt look through the whole thread so apologies if this was said, but I found that it took around a loss of 7% body weight before I noticed. Good news is that others will notice before you will, because they're not looking at you nearly as much as you are in the mirror :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    About 40lbs when I started seeing the difference
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    I am taller and tend to gain and lose weight fairly evenly on my body. I may notice the way clothes fit after 10-15 pounds, but it takes about 20-25 pounds for someone else to really notice it or for me to see it in pictures. Just keep in mind that you may not always see the person you want to be on the outside, but you have taken extremely important steps to be healthier on the inside, and others do not have to know or see that. But you will know that you are making changes, whether visible or not, to improve your overall health. What's more satisfying than being in control of your own health?
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    TAKE PHOTOS!

I really didn't want to, but the days I feel bloated or whatever, they show me I really have done a lot of work! No one else has really noticed, but the pictures and clothes fitting don't lie!

Also, are you doing any strength training? If you aren't, your body composition won't change much, and you may look very similar but slightly smaller.
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm at 7lbs lost.. and have been stuck here for a while..i see more change in back my and neck.. everywhere else looks the same.. womp womp......
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    For me it was at around 10 lbs. I'm pretty short at 5', and I've lost the weight doing mostly strength training, so my inches have decreased quite a bit, vs the number on the scale. I'm very happy I chose to focus on lifting, it has really made the difference.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    As soon as I hit 15 I noticed. My jeans are looser. My tops are looser. However, it isn't a clothing size, I am just fitting nicer into my already existing clothes. I assume another 10-15 pounds and the clothes will start changing size. Time will tell.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    For me, about 30 pounds. Didn't notice the first 10. Now it takes longer for me to lose weight, (closer to goal) but the clothing sizes seem to change more frequently. Maybe it's just from wearing fitted clothing.
    At 50 everyone else seems to notice.
    Strange though, there are days I still feel all the weight back on, I forget I am smaller and wonder why my cloths don't fit.
    The mind is strange.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17... my double chin is almost gone, that's where I personally see it. I like to joke that I lost 17lbs of double chin! However, I have also lost 10 inches (waist, hips, bust, and under boobs(idk what thats called)) all together. So I guess I am just not seeing it. Sizes haven't changed yet. Can't wait to be a 12!!
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 35lbs and 2 Jean sizes down from last July and I'm really just now noticing. It helps when the clothes get loose, that really makes you look objectively. Yet there are still times when I look at myself super critically and can't see any difference. I never took progress pictures (should have) but in old photos I'm shocked by how round my face was. Sometimes you have to just believe the people who tell you that you look different. Congrats on your loss so far! And to all the other posters, you're all inspirational :)
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    at about 20 lbs I started to notice. My face looked a little thinner and I could fit into a jean size smaller. Also my jacket zipped easily around me, where before I had to tug it together.
  • Khole02
    Options
    What a great topic! I would say i felt it at just 15 pounds but I noticed it in the mirror around 25 : )
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    About 10, basically when I had to start wearing a belt or my pants were TOO lose, forcing me to get a new pair entirely.
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband noticed before I did.. I have been working out & eating healthy for nine months now. I have lost 15 lbs, 8 inches overall and one pants size.

I recently posted then & now pics on my blog and I can really tell a difference in those pics.

http://strongisthenewskinny12.blogspot.com/2013/02/progress-pics-then-now-week-2-week-39.html
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started at 218 I'm at 208 and I can tell cause I can see my thighs and English McMuffin! lol
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    4lbs so far. I can see my collarbones coming out and could feel a difference when my boyfriend was cuddling me last night.

I know!!! Isn't that a weird time to notice? My husband came up behind me to give me a hug, and I noticed that my waist has come down! hahah I am so glad someone else said that. I do Zumba daily, and my legs are exhausted because that's the focus of the aerobic dancing, but a lot is also waist area. In the 4 (recorded) pounds I have lost, I also lost 1.5inches off my waist. The number meant nothing until that hug. :)

I already see it in my face/chin (no double chin but a sag haha ew) and my dupa (polish word for butt) is not holding my pants on as well. 4lbs. Everyone is different!!! Good luck! You already look stunning!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!