How many pound did you lose before you noticed?

Options

Replies

• mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think it took about 20-30 pounds for people to start noticing. I could see small changes, but I started to get the comments about then. I think it was the combination of getting new (more form-fitting) clothes, my higher confidence, plus the weight loss that began to get the attention.

What I really wanted to say is this (and whose saying it is, I don't know): "It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing, 8 weeks for friends and family, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. KEEP GOING."

=)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options

What I really wanted to say is this (and whose saying it is, I don't know): "It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing, 8 weeks for friends and family, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. KEEP GOING."

=)

^^^^ absolutely!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 15lbs. My belt has come in a notch and my clothes fit better. My mom says she can see it in my face but I can't really tell. I do feel so much better though. I can't wait for more visible results. Good luck!!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Last year, I lost about 35 lbs and didn't notice a thing. I was wearing the same clothes as I was in the beginning. Now that I have gained most of it back, I still don't notice it. IDK what gives.
  • picklesuccess2013
    Options
    I am taller and tend to gain and lose weight fairly evenly on my body. I may notice the way clothes fit after 10-15 pounds, but it takes about 20-25 pounds for someone else to really notice it or for me to see it in pictures. Just keep in mind that you may not always see the person you want to be on the outside, but you have taken extremely important steps to be healthier on the inside, and others do not have to know or see that. But you will know that you are making changes, whether visible or not, to improve your overall health. What's more satisfying than being in control of your own health?

great point!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I had to take comparison pictures to notice any change. Looking at yourself in the mirror you may not see it. But pictures won't lie. ;)
  • jenniferlcrumb
    jenniferlcrumb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lol thats funny, my mom said the same thing about my butt... only lost 5 lbs since I started logging with my fitness pal but I was hitting the gym a couple days a week for the past few months and I guess my butt has shrunk ( or gained muscle is more likely lol )
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I was walking at work (thru a store) and my jeans attempted to go south taking my underwear with them...
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I noticed my clothes were a little big at about 20lbs but it did not help that I was wearing a size too small to start with. No one else noticed until I was around 50lbs down... My mom didn't even notice then (in pics). One day around 70-80lbs people started noticing. Fortunately I was set on my ultimate goal so I didn't care if they didn't see it.
  • sundy2603
    sundy2603 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 lbs but i haven't notice anything measure maybe a little difference in my pants . I am 5'11 so I guess it probably will take about 30 lbs to see a difference.
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I noticed about 13 pounds and it was primarily how my clothing fit. I was able to button the bottom button of my coat and I went down a size in my jeans.
  • shareelynette
    shareelynette Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 and still don't see a difference myself. My family says they see it but I don't. I know my clothes fit better but.. you know
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    I have lost 32 and I still don't see it. I went from 217 at my highest to 184 right now and I don't feel any different. My stomach is still huge. I did lose 2 cup sizes and maybe 1 pant size but thats it. It is so frustrating.

I have lost 35 lbs,from 280 to 245 lbs,and I don't see much if anything but my bra is finally on its tightest set of hooks! I have gone down 1 size of clothes.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    I have lost 32 and I still don't see it. I went from 217 at my highest to 184 right now and I don't feel any different. My stomach is still huge. I did lose 2 cup sizes and maybe 1 pant size but thats it. It is so frustrating.
    I know I'm in the minority, but what I wouldn't give to lose a few cup sizes!!

yes,I would reeelly love to lose a lot of cup sizes! considering that I have to order J!
  • Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the really great responses. Makes me more motivated to continue.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I noticed around 10 pounds. Not only on the scale did it seems real, but clothes fit different and I had a few other NSV things.

Other people noticed around 20 pounds.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I probably noticed at around 15 lbs.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Thats a great accomplishment!!! Your losing fat! Breast tissue is fat! And you lost a pants size. Keep going hun x
    "Dont give up now.. Their so much beauty you haven't seen yet . "
  • relly77
    relly77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey guys this is way off topic but can someone tell me how to move my weight loss ticker, ive lost some lbs and would like to move it off 0. HELP!!!

EDIT: NVM i figured it out thanks
  • CocoaVilla
    Options
    It took losing 15 pounds before I saw a difference in my body. Most people noticed the the weight loss before me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!