should one eat bread if trying to lose weight????

Options
I love white/brown bread and i could eat it with every meal. It must have some effect on my body????anyone have any feedback on it?????:happy:

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    if your daily calorie consumption is more than your TDEE, you'll gain weight.
    if your daily calorie consumption is less than your TDEE, you'll lose weight.

bread is only part of the equation because it contributes to your daily calorie consumption, just like everything else you eat.

in summary, you can eat bread and still lose weight.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    IIFYM. Personally, I do better when I limit carbs but I use Joseph's bakery bread which is high protein/low carb so you could check that out. The oat bran, whole wheat, and flax lavash is 100 calories and 10g protein. It's the only bread I use.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    IIFYM.

/ thread
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. Personally, I do better when I limit carbs but I use Joseph's bakery bread which is high protein/low carb so you could check that out. The oat bran, whole wheat, and flax lavash is 100 calories and 10g protein. It's the only bread I use.

omg im so glad you posted about josephs!, im Armenian and we love lavash but i cant find low carb. SO EXCITED!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Only if one enjoys eating bread
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body too. I dont limit carbs, however if I eat bread, even 100% whole wheat bread, its hard to lose weight even with keeping within my calories. I switched to ezekiel bread, thats not made with flour, and the weight started coming off. Maybe its the gluten in floured bread, I dont know.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think as long as it fits into your cal budget go ahead. I eat bread atleast 3 times a week and I have lost over 40 lbs in 5 months.
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    It depends on the type of bread.
    White bread? No.
    Whole wheat/multi-grain? Yes.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of bread.
    White bread? No.
    Whole wheat/multi-grain? Yes.

Yeah, because whole wheat bread/ multigrain has some magical properties where the calories don't count? :noway:
  • cholivier
    Options
    I eat Healthy life breads. They taste good and are low in carbs. I switch out bread carbs and calories for ice cream. I eat Turkey Hill lite ice creams for lunch and dinner. I've lost almost 46 lbs. and have maintained for about 4 months now. Just watch your calories and try to keep foods as close to your regular diet as possible. You won't feel as deprived and will be more likely to be successful. Good luck!!!
  • ValerieT2012
    ValerieT2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I read that one should only eat "sprouted grain bread" as it also helps lose belly fat. It is good, sweet and filling even with just one piece. I buy Country Harvest-100% Whole Grain SPROUTED Multigrain.. 1 slice has
    120 calories
    3g Fibre
    1.5 Fat
    180 Sodium and
    6g Protein.....

IT must say "sprouted on the package....... try it, I love it :
    :love:
  • ValerieT2012
    ValerieT2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, thanks for the tip ..... you've done great on maintenance... :smile:
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I eat bread every day. See if I have lost weight by looking at my ticker below!
  • Cocotte30
    Cocotte30 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is always a subject for debate. If I do decide to incorporate some bread in my day, I always eat it early in the day. I always aim for 100% whole wheat bread, no fat no sugar added and I only eat one slice. You can always eat bread, but I suggest you go in moderation and try not to eat it on a daily basis. You can always replace it with steel cut oats in the morning or subsitut with brown rice depending on where you are most likely tempted to eat bread. Hope this helps.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    NO. HELL NO
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    I have cut out most bread from my diet, every now and then I might have a slice but I try not to eat it anymore.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Depends on how it makes you feel. Of course, there is simple math. However, I think simple math only works in a perfect world that does not account for food intolerances or personal historical eating patterns. If you can enjoy it without overdoing it and it fits your macros, eat it. If not, save it for special occasions or eating out.

It's not a good fit for me, so I only eat Ezekial bread a couple of times per week.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I ONLY eat bread.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

OMG, I miss Joseph's. I just mentioned it to hubby as we were walking through our local food store here in England. I can't find ANYTHING like joseph's wraps made with the flax here...:sad:

I don't cut out bread, but I limit what I eat. I just figure it into my calories and that's it. I don't say NO to any food....just take into account the calories and go from there.
  • speedgraphic19
    Options
    There's no one "diet ruiner" food; as long as it fits your macros, eat the bread. If you're eating so much bread all the time that you're going over your calorie goal consistently, stop eating bread until you can learn to cut back. Simple.