What do you weigh in?

Options
Anyone weigh with clothes or no clothes?

I've been getting different result with the clothing I wear and when I take a quick read before the shower.
I stopped weighing with my shoes, because I have one pair that seems to add two pounds.
But, I weighed 190.3 with my clothes and than 188.8 with out.
It's not a big deal but I was just curious.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom, so am typically in just my nightshirt & skivvies. Consistency is the key - always nekkid or always in the same clothes, etc.
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Your clothing can easily add a few pounds, so like the PP said, be consistent in how you're dressed for the most accurate weigh in.
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I always do it naked or in my bra and panties
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It has always been a challenge to weigh-in in public place, like at the gym. At home - yes, you can get naked and have your weight recorded perfectly. I finally got around, took my shoes, my sweaty t-shirts and shorts, put them in a plastic bag and just weight them. Now, it is just easy to hop on a scale and take off 3 LBS of your measurements. Problem solved.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Underwear. Maybe naked if I didn't wear underwear to bed the night before.

But I follow the same routine every morning. I wake up, pull my scale away from the wall to the level area of the floor and click it on. Then I go the bathroom. After, I take off my PJs, turn the scale back on, and step on to get my weight.

And I do that within the same 15 minute window every morning. I record all of the daily weights in a spreadsheet where I also track calories and macros. Then I log my Saturday weight every two weeks.

I do the scale "reset" because you really shouldn't move your scale around since it can throw off the mechanisms inside. But I can't keep it in the middle of the bathroom floor all the time and when it's anywhere along the wall, it's wobbly. So the "reset" is just basically a way of having it feel it's own weight while on and on the level area of the floor. If you can keep your scale in one place, just do that and don't move it each day.

Oh, and I only step on the scale once. But I test it's accuracy over time by stepping on and off my scale about four times every three months or so, just to test it. As long as I always get the same weight, it's fine. When it starts giving different weights (only happened once so far) I changed the battery and that stopped.
  • ourmaybebe
    ourmaybebe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh naked.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nekkid... Thursdays and Sundays... right before I break my fast typically only having some coffee or tea in the am.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    birthday suit, pre-shower (so my wet hair doesn't weigh me down....lol)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the waiting room of my doctor's office, so I'm generally wearing clothes. I take of my coat and shoes, but that's as far as I'm willing to go with an audience. Unless there's money in it for me.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom, so am typically in just my nightshirt & skivvies. Consistency is the key - always nekkid or always in the same clothes, etc.

This. Just be consistant.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    nekkid, at home, first thing in the morning.

ETA: I'm also doing a "biggest loser" contest at work... we weigh on Tuesdays, and yes, I am OCD enough that I wear the same outfit and shoes ever Tuesday!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Nude. With the windows open ;)
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    consistency is the key. I weigh first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom lol
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Naked or bra and panties, in the morning, after the bathroom.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nude...first thing in the morning before I eat anything...I'll even take my jewelry off...want to most accurate reading.
  • allenhandley
    allenhandley Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    butt nakked first thing each Sat morning.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nude or nearly nude (maybe t-shirt and underwear), ideally before breakfast and after pooping.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after I go to the bathroom I typically have a nightgown or t shirt so it is about the same weight.
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    About 230 lbs. in the morning, after relief, boxers
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Naked, every morning. After bathroom, shower, and drying my hair, before I eat breakfast. Figure that's the most consistant way.