I need ideas as well!!!!
  • alowry007
    alowry007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    leftovers most of the time
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My wife precooks all of our food for the week, then puts it in plastic containers in the fridge. Since I eat nearly nothing but meat, I just grab one, weigh out the meat, toss it in my lunchbox, and away I go. This applies to pretty much everything from pork loin, to steak, to chicken breast or wings, to turkey.

I am perfectly fine with plain and cold meat though, and some people aren't. Sometimes I'll dump hot sauce in with the meat as well.
  • CynTX82
    CynTX82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • newmanmb463
    newmanmb463 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I take the same thing everyday:

-4 oz grilled chicken
    -1/4 cup almonds (raw, but I cook them in the microwave, for fresh "roasted" taste)
    -red seedless grapes ~100g
    -sugarfree vanilla pudding cup
    -apple
    -Nature Valley - Sweet & Salty Nut Granola Bars - Peanut.

Some of the above is lunch, some late morning snack, some mid-afternoon snack, all depending on how busy I am, and how hungry I am.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I make my husband's lunch daily. When there aren't leftovers, my go-to is usually either pasta or quinoa salad with lots of veggies and some sort of lean meat. The salads are a ratio of one part pasta/quinoa to two parts veggies. To top, I'll give him one tablespoon of Italian dressing and sometimes some fresh mozzarella.
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump...need ideas!
  • gaylaworrell
    Options
    Today it was a chopped salad with shredded lettuce, chopped cucumber, diced grilled chicken breast, garbanzo beans, black beans and a little bit of light italian dressing. I also had an apple, orange, some lentil chips and a cheese stick.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon slices on pumpkin seed ryvita crackers is heavenly :P
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I buy little tuna or chicken salad kits (Bumble Bee) at Walmart for under $2 each. They have a little can of the salad that kicks in at under 200 calories. I throw out the crackers (80 calories) and eat a Moon Pop rice cake for 16 calories. (The Moon Pops come are made in Kroger stores, but I don't think all Krogers have them.) Add a piece of fruit to round it out. Anyway, a nice lunch for under $2 and around 200 calories.