1000 cal & no weight lose

Options
12346»

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Did I ever say your metabolism STOPS if you don't eat 6 meals a day?

No.

It's just not nearly as efficient.

I'll take the advice of my degree holding/fitness trainer/competitive fitness competing soon to be brother-in-law, over some yahoo on the internet.

"I could eat 1000 calories and not lose weight because...my metabolism wouldn't be doing ANYTHING. I eat 1800-2200 calories, eat 5-6 meals a day, and work out 5-6 times a week. This is why I lose weight."

Let's see..last time I checked, "not doing anything" basically means it's in a stagnant state. According to Merriam Webster, the word stagnant is defined as "showing no activity". Furthermore, showing no activity = being stationary,which in layman's terms reduces to basically mean "doing nothing". Do I have to break it down even further for you to comprehend?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    lol bro. You ate 3000+ calories yesterday, eating an entire pizza...sooooo yeah. You're just a troll.

Bumps thyroid hormone back up, I do it every week or so when my hands and feet start being cold all the time.

Dude, if eating 3000 calories here and there bumps your thyroid up, I wouldn't be fat.

3000 isn't even enough to make me gain weight. I have to eat a minimum of 3500 daily average to make the scale move. And it bumps my thyroid back up to normal, eating very low calorie starts to muck up several hormone levels dealing with metabolism and appetite. The lower your bf% the more quickly they get screwed up and the more difficult it is to normalize them.

I'm currently around 15%, when I get down into the 13% range I have to spend a day or two eating high carbohydrate to bring t3 and t4 back up to normal levels about every two weeks.

so basically, you're admitting your diet plan is flawed, causing quite possibly, severe harm to your long term health.

Gotcha.

No, I just prefer to cut fat as quickly as possible so I can get back to bulking.

You do realize you can cut fat and still eat 1600 calories a day correct? Low carb high protein diet cuts fat. Carbs make body fat, not calories.

Hmmm..then I guess all the weight I lost was a lie since I eat a lot of carbs. -.-
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A few years ago when I started gaining weight, I started watching my calories. My doctor kept telling me to eat less & less, 1200, then under 1000... When she told me to eat less, around 800, I stopped listening to my doctors. I started eating better - eating when I was hungry, & not eating when I wasn't. My health got better & I got off of my medications.
    Look at what you are eating, not just a number amount. Your body needs good things to do good things.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is a ridiculously small sample size
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    straight up new person question here - well I been here 1 month - but I've seen these type of posts/questions before so I'm just curious...

MFP told me how many calories to eat after I punched in my honest height, and honest weight. So, when I follow what MFP said and eat up to that calorie #, I lost 9lbs in 1 month....

I don't get how people are asking if their calorie intake "is enough" or "not enough" - as like I mentioned MFP...I thought...tells you how much to eat. Is MFP really telling you to only eat 1000 cals? Seems like it would tell you at least to eat 1200 cals - if you put in your right info.

I guess what I'm getting at is - trust MFP. If it says eat this amount of cals - and you've listed yourself as a light movement in the exercise field (as you mentioned the power walking and sit ups etc) - then mfp should tell you the right amount of food to eat I would think....

I just find it hard to believe it said only eat 1000 a day?

Give it a shot - couldn't hurt :)

Well, yes and no. MFP will not give you a calorie goal below 1200. But if you don't put in a realistic goal/activity level then the calorie goal MFP gives you may not be correct for you. It's generally considered best not to eat under your BMR unless you are obese, but MFP will allow you to eat under your BMR if you tell it you're sedentary and want to lose 2 lbs per week. It doesn't have the logic to say "oh, this person doesn't need to lose that much every week, they're only 10 lbs from their goal weight," it just does the math.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Did I ever say your metabolism STOPS if you don't eat 6 meals a day?

No.

It's just not nearly as efficient.

I'll take the advice of my degree holding/fitness trainer/competitive fitness competing soon to be brother-in-law, over some yahoo on the internet.

You obviously didn't read the link I posted, as it had scientific studies that proved meal timing has no relevance, not just quotes from a yahoo on the internet.

What you are doing is working for you because you are eating at a deficit, meal timing is irrelevant.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    *yawn*
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    From everything I've read, heard and been told (I'm an avid researcher into these kinds of things) you can probably get away with eating less than your BMR every great once in a while -- like no more than once a week. But you must keep your overall calories above your BMR.

I strongly recommend you find out what your BMR actually is. This is a good tool because it takes into account not just your current BMR but also your goal. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

If you eat below your BMR your body will starts to think ... “hey calories aren’t coming in as regularly as we are used to, shed that muscle because it's an energy hog and store fat (mostly in the belly area) because it'll provide easily accessible energy later, you know … just in case”

You do NOT want this to be the way your body thinks. Muscle is an energy hog and thank goodness it is because that means the more muscle on your body the more efficiently you burn calories.

You also need to know your TDEE. That’s how much your burn off in a day. Eating above this level regularly will let you gain. If you are doing strength training or resistance training or lifting weights your body will most likely decide to gain muscle which is a good thing. If you are eating above your TDEE but not doing anything to build muscle your body sort of decides to invest in additional storage sheds full of fat. Blech- not what we want.

Calorie cycling is about the easiest way to maintain the “no lower than your BMR and no higher than your TDEE”. Once you find these numbers and set your MFP correctly just look at your smart phone app’s “Weekly” button and make sure you stay below that dreaded red line. Life happens and sometimes we go over our calories for a day but if you come in the next day you’ll be okay.
  • feliligram
    Options
    Not eating enough!