EMERGENCY HELP!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• GiantsGetDevoured
    Options
    OP what do you mean you hate judgers? I never judged you.
    Im a worthless sinner too.I lie,I cuss,I get angry,I walk with lust.
    Im no better than you and never will be. Im only saying Jesus is the righteousness
    Of all who believe. When I stand before God the only thing that I have hope in
    Is Jesus because aside from him I am nothing,im disgusting,im an enemy of
    God with out Jesus. That's what's so awesome though,Jesus reconciled us back to.God
    By his blood and dying on the cross for our sins. That's all im trying to say,not
    Trying to judge anybody. We're all nothing without Christ,including ME.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat the cupcake. Drink enough that you throw up. Problem solved.
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eat the cupcake. Drink enough that you throw up. Problem solved.

LOL.
  • lndsay85
    lndsay85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is based on average over time. If you eat more tonight and less tomorrow, you should be fine.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Im no better than you and never will be. Im only saying Jesus is the righteousness
    God with out Jesus. That's what's so awesome though,Jesus reconciled us back to.God
    By his blood and dying on the cross for our sins. That's all im trying to say,not

You just don't get it, do you?

STOP!

Did Christ witness to EVERY SINGLE PERSON He came in contact with? No He did not. He only spoke when the Father told Him to. And THEN He spoke what the Father told Him to speak. And it was powerful to those that listened and believed.

You sitting on these boards running your religious mouth is causing people to harden their hearts and shut their ears to Christ's message more and more and more. You say you're not judging, but it is coming across as judgement. Please stop for God's sake.

If you want to evangelize, go outside and stand on the street corner nearest to your house, shut your mouth and pray while you wait for the Lord to tell you to speak, and then speak. That will be way more effective than pissing off all these MFP peeps.
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

People chastising her for drinking... seriously? Were you never young?

Im 22.
    2nd Corinthians 5:21
    God made him who had no sin to be sin for us,
    so that in him we
    righteousness of God.
    Jesus lived his life,gave his life,and rose from death for us.
    He defeated sin,defeated death and defeated everything we could
    Never do on our own. Without him we are lost and this life is meaningless but how beautiful
    It is that he died for us,bridging the gap to God that we couldn't.
    Praise God!

TL;DR

But seriously why bring God into this?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I want you to realize that what you did here tonight in no way whatsoever encouraged anyone to reflect on their sinful disposition before Christ, and cause them to reflect to the point of becoming repentant and asking His forgiveness.

All you did was cast judgement upon the actions of others and make Christ a mockery before all the readers. This form of evangelizing is as ineffective as was the Jewish form of proselytizing in Christ's day, which was mocked by Christ Himself. Not only that, but you used alcohol (something that Christ did partake of) as the billy club, which only causes confusion and discredits your whole argument.

I trust that your intentions are good. But your approach leaves much to be desired. That is all I have to say on the matter.

I like you.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I want you to realize that what you did here tonight in no way whatsoever encouraged anyone to reflect on their sinful disposition before Christ, and cause them to reflect to the point of becoming repentant and asking His forgiveness.

All you did was cast judgement upon the actions of others and make Christ a mockery before all the readers. This form of evangelizing is as ineffective as was the Jewish form of proselytizing in Christ's day, which was mocked by Christ Himself. Not only that, but you used alcohol (something that Christ did partake of) as the billy club, which only causes confusion and discredits your whole argument.

I trust that your intentions are good. But your approach leaves much to be desired. That is all I have to say on the matter.

This. Alllll of this. Did you really think someone would read your post and go, "OMG he's right, I need to ask for forgiveness from God! I'm never drinking again!"

...No. All you did was hijack a thread and make people uncomfortable. There is a time and a place for Bible talk. A weight loss forum is not it.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Oh, Jesus. (Literally.)

I'm a teetotaler, not because of any religion, but because it's my personal choice not to drink for various reasons. Personal. Choice. The last thing I would do is tell someone how they can live their lives and have fun. That isn't up to me, nor is it up to you (Giants). In your case, it's probably up to your God, thus, still not for you to decide.

OP: It's not that bad to go over once in a while. Life isn't going to be fun if you cut out the things you like. Just be sensible and don't beat yourself up if you had too many calories. Just don't make a habit out of it and get back on track for tomorrow.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Shhhh... everyone just stop talking to it and maybe it will go away.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

You just don't get it, do you?

STOP!

Did Christ witness to EVERY SINGLE PERSON He came in contact with? No He did not. He only spoke when the Father told Him to. And THEN He spoke what the Father told Him to speak. And it was powerful to those that listened and believed.

You sitting on these boards running your religious mouth is causing people to harden their hearts and shut their ears to Christ's message more and more and more. You say you're not judging, but it is coming across as judgement. Please stop for God's sake.

If you want to evangelize, go outside and stand on the street corner nearest to your house, shut your mouth and pray while you wait for the Lord to tell you to speak, and then speak. That will be way more effective than pissing off all these MFP peeps.

^ This was very eloquently put.
    Please understand that you need to know your audience before you deliver a speech. The right message at the wrong time or place is still the wrong message.