I'm shocked at all the calories I'm consuming.

Options
12346»

Replies

• tsdaughe
    Options
    I eat peanut butter no problem. I love creamy peanut butter. Here are some things I eat for breakfast:

natures own honey wheat light bread (80 calories for 2 slices)

reduced fat peanut butter (1 or 2 TBSP depending on how much I want that day)

egg whites with spinach and tomatoes

whole grain or light english muffin

mini bagels

water

or water w/ crystal light

protein bars ( I love life choice peanut butter extreme it is 210 calories but has 21 grams of protein)

Protein shakes

i pretty much never eat cereal but I do like high fiber maple and brown sugar oatmeal. Its 160 calories I believe but has 10 grams of fiber.

I only use 1% organic milk

Lunch ideas: tuna.
    salads with a lean meat such as chicken, tuna or lean beef with no dressing or a vingeratte.
    Sandwich with no mayo. I love cheese so I always have one slice of cheese with my sandwiches. Add tomatoes and lettuce or sprouts for a more filling meal.
    And if my calories allow I do splurge for ravioli or something easy and conveinent.

Dinner ideas: 96% lean ground beef (140 calories for 4 oz)
    chicken breast
    spaghetti,
    pork chops
    lots and lots of veggies.
    A crock pot is your best friend
    Tacos with lean ground beef or chicken, Make sure to measure the cheese and any sour cream. Hard tacos are only 150 calories for 2 shells or 150 calories for 2 of the small fajita tortillas. Throw on some lettuce and salsa as well.
    Mashed potatoes (but watch the serving size. Just 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes prepared as directed can have 180 calories)
    Fish

I almost never use butter. If I do, just a little.