I Did It! I hit my GOAL!!! Lots of pics!

Options

Replies

• Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing job
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I read your whole story and I think you are a great inspiration for people with aches/pains, or who think they're not energetic & spritely enough like the 20-year-olds you usually see on here losing weight.

Would you mind going into detail on how you worked off the pounds given your injury? My mom is 55-years-old and 170lbs at 5'3". She normally worked out & tried to keep active (despite having hypothyroidism)... But now she has a heel spur & arthritis in her elbow. We're not sure how she can lose weight when almost everything hurts her! She is doing 45mins on an exercise bike so far.
    I did it in the weightroom! My trainer gradually built my strength, I went to the gym six times a week (still do....) and worked out in the free weights for at least an hour. Sometimes it was hard because it was difficult to stand, so I would use the machines (leg press instead of squatting etc) or if I felt really sore I would go into the pool and jog - yes jog lol! I would jog for half an hour and do lunges, side steps, jumps and lots of water resistance movements. I am lucky that I can block out the pain most of the time and I would not let my body dictate to me when and if I could work out. Obviously sometimes it would win, but the stronger I get (and the lighter I get) the less pain I have.
    I am now on the waiting list for a new knee, so by July I hope it will be a new chapter!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Simply AMAZING!!!! congrats!!!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    8 stone! Amazing! But what impresses me just as much is how you've gone from hardly being able to get upstairs to being fit and strong. You are an inspiration, as always!
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Great job. Very inspiring.
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    Ur story made me cry, U look so great and with ur knees i know u were in pain! U r such an inspiration to me:) U make me want to press so much harder thank u:)
  • 46Phil
    46Phil Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "Motivation can't be given, nobody else can find it for you, you have to find it from within. No amount of blackmailing yourself with a new dress or outfit, beating yourself up because you can't do it, crying because you just ate or drank something you shouldn't or hoping that someone else will give you the strength to do it. They won't.
    You CAN do it. You just have to WANT to do it. Good luck."

Your words really resonated with me. Thank you.

Congratulations on your success. You look fantastic!
  • lorika55
    lorika55 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you look fab-u-lous! way 2 go. very inspiring..thanks for sharing..congratulations!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Great work! What a transformation :bigsmile:
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look so different and its from the inside out too xx
    Good luck for your future knee op
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That was very inspiring! :) and you look GREAT! Keep going and stay healthy! :)
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment!!! You should be proud!! You look wonderful and healthy!! Keep up the good work!!! :happy:
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!! Love it!!
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    truly inspiring! :drinker: ...drinking water
  • imnoangel80
    Options
    so proud of you, congratulations on your weight loss and i think you are an inspiration and hopefully this is second time lucky for me :0) x
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Wow great job
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anniemstead
    Options
    Many congratulations, what a good idea to set yourself an initial weight loss, and then make your own decision as to when you are at your ideal.x
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I started losing weight because everything was too tight and my knees were hurting more and more (they crunch when I go upstairs) and I knew reducing weight on them would help. To be able to fit inot my UK 14 clothes is my aim - and you have shown its possible AND MORE!
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    You look amazing great job and congratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!