Eating enough fiber, drinking water- still constipated!

Options
124»

Replies

• RickJalbert
    RickJalbert Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just cannot seem to be able to move my bowels in a normal manner. I'll be backed up and feel icky and bloated for a few days to have a day of constant bathroom trips complete with runny oily stools. Then the cycle starts back up again! I seemed to poop more regularly and "normally" before I EVER watched what I was eating at all. So, what's the deal?

I consume the daily recommended amount of fiber on a regular basis, I'll even go over from time to time. I drink tons of fluids (diet soda, coffee, tea, and quite a bit of water). I recognize that I should shift to even more water and less of the other stuff but nobody's perfect.

Anybody have any insight/advice?

I was the same way blocked up for a couple of days. I take a diuretic in the morning so I pee constantly. I eat rolled oats in the morning with cinnamon and 3 berry blend of frozen berries with Silk unsweetened almond milk. I use to drink a fruit and spinach smoothie every morning then I was regular. Now I take a tablespoon of Musilix with 2 cups of water and I am regular like clockwork. I also feel full. Water water water sometimes flavored.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I just cannot seem to be able to move my bowels in a normal manner. I'll be backed up and feel icky and bloated for a few days to have a day of constant bathroom trips complete with runny oily stools. Then the cycle starts back up again! I seemed to poop more regularly and "normally" before I EVER watched what I was eating at all. So, what's the deal?

I consume the daily recommended amount of fiber on a regular basis, I'll even go over from time to time. I drink tons of fluids (diet soda, coffee, tea, and quite a bit of water). I recognize that I should shift to even more water and less of the other stuff but nobody's perfect.

Anybody have any insight/advice?

I was the same way blocked up for a couple of days. I take a diuretic in the morning so I pee constantly. I eat rolled oats in the morning with cinnamon and 3 berry blend of frozen berries with Silk unsweetened almond milk. I use to drink a fruit and spinach smoothie every morning then I was regular. Now I take a tablespoon of Musilix with 2 cups of water and I am regular like clockwork. I also feel full. Water water water sometimes flavored.

It's unclear which of these many behaviors are just intended to be descriptive and which are intended as recommendations to OP, but taking a diuretic without medical advice is not a good idea in general, and is more likely to make constipation worse than to fix it, as you need water in your intestines, not getting pulled out of your body through your bladder, to comfortably and regularly pass solid waste.