Male, 37 y/o, 6ft4, 7 months time, 75lbs lost (with pics)

Options
kms1320
kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
** DISCLAIMER **

I never really intended to show this pics to anyone! They were for my own personal use as a progress chart. Some people suggested I share these here. These were taken first thing in the morning. No hair was combed, no whisker was shaved!

** /DISCLAIMER **

Hello everyone, I'm going to relate my story. When I joined this site, I was 320 pounds. The highest I had ever gotten was 326, and pretty much lived at that range being unemployed and depressed. I had tried to be better, and found work in December of 2011. Just being more active brought me down to 300. But it wasn't enough. I still ate bad and felt bad. I saw a childhood friend post on Facebook about his journey. I grew up playing baseball with him. He was overweight, went through a divorce, child custody battles, and ended up losing his job. He was on meds he could no longer afford. He saw a trial online for the Boston Mayo Clinic about a study for treating mental health through diet and exercise. he applied and was accepted, they flew him out. He was posting his "after pictures." I reached out to him, told him my situation, and he agreed to help me. He was tough, didn't candy coat it, and was straight forward. He told me what would work, and what wouldn't He answered every question I had along the way, often with answers I didn't want to hear but needed to hear.

It was a very simple diet and exercise plan. It had roughly 1g protein per lb of lbm, good essential fats, and complex carbs. I ate and drank the same things almost every day, though there was a LITTLE variation, there was not much. I had to teach myself how to eat.. all.. over.. again. But I learned, and have learned to adjust. What foods I can sub in, what I can't, when to make variations, when to try new foods. It has been a long process and a LOT of scale watching! I weighed every day to see how my body reacted to the previous food I ate.

The exercise program was simple. I used dumb bells I could change the weight on. I used body weight. I worked out in my bedroom where there was not a lot of space. I walked or jogged 1 mile in the morning, and did weights at night. 12 sets total each night. It was not time consuming. I hit each body part once a week. I rested 2 days a week. I trained more for endurance than strength, and kept my protein up to keep muscle. This was really a very easy program to do. For cardio I used p90x cardio/kenpo/plyo or a fitnessblender youtube HIIT video later on.

I am now doing Insanity headed into week 3. Once this is up, I plan to do some strength/size training for 2 months, then a hard cut to "shrinkwrap." I'm not going to get into the philosophies on carb loading or when to eat or how often or nutrient timing.. lots of opinions out there and I'll do what works for me :)

I hope this inspires some people who may be burning out on their new years resolutions!

Start Day:
9sdm5c.jpg

1 Month:
1zbe6w2.jpg

2 Months:
t0s36x.jpg

3 Months:
33z7e6u.jpg

4 Months:
22fbma.jpg

5 Months:
167latd.jpg

6 Months:
2z69njl.jpg

7 months:
2092iyu.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!