Losing weight without losing breast size?

Options
I know this is probably twisted, but I was just wondering if there is a way to lose the weight and still be able to keep breasts at the same (or similar) size as when you kept the weight on. I've heard of exercises that help, but I have no idea how true they are.

...its a stupid reason, but mine have never been this big before and I've actually learned to like them a lot...so yeah. No offense given I assure you.

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Plastic Surgery
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Breasts are made of breast tissue and fat. Some women have a lot of breast tissue. These women can lose fat without dropping in breast size. Some women have a "normal" amount of breast tissue and the rest of their breasts are made of fat. These women lose breast size when they lose overall body fat. Since you mention your breasts are bigger now that you are heavier, I'd guess that yes, you will probably lose breast size when you lose weight. However if the choice is between being heavy with larger breast or being fit and healthy with small breasts most people will pick the small boobs.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is any way to do this naturally.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    you can lift to make the muscle behind your bobbies to make them firmer, but that's about it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    There's no actual way. Your body is going to lose fat where it's genetically designed to, and that differs with each individual. I lost most of what I had, and others keep theirs. Sorry.
  • shoshannadancer
    Options
    I lost about 30 pounds before MFP and I went down sizes around the ribs but never cup sizes. I didn't really do anything different. If i were you I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will look proportionate to your body as you lose the weight :)
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Shoot I wish I could give you some of mine. If I lose some of my breast fat I'll be kind of relieved because carrying these Ds around are heavy at times haha
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Breasts are fat. I will start the conversation off with the obvious. If your breast cup size was lets say a b at your goal weigh, then you gain 100 and get DD boobs, then when you go back down to your goal weight, guess what, you lose breast size.

That may sound harsh, but its real. There are other factors to consider. 1. When you were a teenager, were you at or near your goal weight? If so, you can expect to be around that size again when you reach your goal weight. 2. Your age. (The older you are the saggier they are, which may mean losing weight will make them smaller than before, perkier, or exactly the same.) 3. Have you had children? Did you breastfeed them? (If you had children, they will likely be a bit larger. If you breastfed, they will have better elasticity. meaning when you lose weight they get perkier)

I was 138 my sophomore year in high school. I was a C cup. I started to get larger breasts, but before they stopped growing I started gaining weight. Now at 288.6 My breasts are a G. I have had two children, and breastfed both. I have lost 16.6 pounds and my bra size went from a 44DD to a 42 G(DDD) What does this mean?! I lost fat on my chest yes, but the small amount of working out I have done has also given me more muscle under my breasts. So, right now they are "bigger" than before.

When I hit my goal weight, I will likely have a cup size of anywhere form a D,C or B. I love my breasts. Not going to lie. But I also know they are proportioned to the rest of my body. So when my body is much smaller, much smaller breasts will be fine.

If your body image is wrapped up in your breast size here's some advice: "Get over it, or get a boob job once you lose the weight."

I have 150+ pounds to shed, so I have at least a year to figure out if I want a boob job or not. At this point, I am at a strong "I have no idea." So, I started saving money for it. A little each month, and by the time I have shed the pounds I will have a chunk saved up. Not the best answer, but it helps put things in perspective. Save money when you can, and when you reach your goal weight, see how you feel.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If there were a way to do this, there'd be a lot of former overweight ladies running around looking like playmates. Sorry.

And, bulking would be the new boob job.

If you figure it out, patent that ish FAST. You're gonna be a bazillionaire.
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Breast implants.

First place you lose fat is your chest area, then the rest of the fat reserves in your body.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Plastic Surgery

^^^ This.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Your body is going to lose however it decides...when you reach your goal weight, if you're unhappy with your boobs, you can get new ones.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Nope! They get bigger when you gain weight & smaller when you lose, just like pretty much every other part of your body. It's kinda like, "ooh, I really like these big curves on my hips, but I don't want them to get smaller when I lose weight!" Doesn't really work that way hun.
    Personally, it was fun having some bigger boobs for a couple of years, but I have no problem saying bye & losing a cup size now.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    3. Have you had children? Did you breastfeed them? (If you had children, they will likely be a bit larger. If you breastfed, they will have better elasticity. meaning when you lose weight they get perkier)

Oh thank god! I Knew that whole breastfeeding thing would come in handy! (perkiness... not size. I have always had huge bewbs... ever since the 3rd grade.)
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Here is another thought. We are all working so hard for new bodies. New boobies can be a part of that new body, however you determine to get them. For me, I want my new boobs to be smaller and perkier. If that means I get a boob job, thats what that means. If that means I don't, I don't. My body, my decision.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have 36Bs and no matter how big or small I get, they remain the same. I'm just glad I didn't get the big boobs like my sister did. Hers don't shrink either and since she had a baby three months ago, she told me they're enormous now and she has to order bras online because stores don't seem to have her size.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Are you trolling?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Breast implants.

First place you lose fat is your chest area, then the rest of the fat reserves in your body.

That's not really true. Everyone's body has their own schedule for where/how you gain and lose fat. My breast size didn't really change when I gained weight, and hasn't shrunk much since I lost weight, except for the band size. I lost belly weight first.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've lost a back size without losing a cup size so I still look the same up top...Does that make me abnormal? :sad: