Losing weight without losing breast size?

Options

Replies

• rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I've lost a back size without losing a cup size so I still look the same up top...Does that make me abnormal? :sad:

It makes you lucky :D

I've had the same luck, but I know what size I am at goal weight as I have been there already... don't think I will lose much. Some people lose a lot though. It's all genetics.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Don't get false boobs... Be beautiful, be you
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Breast implants.

First place you lose fat is your chest area, then the rest of the fat reserves in your body.

That's not really true. Everyone's body has their own schedule for where/how you gain and lose fat. My breast size didn't really change when I gained weight, and hasn't shrunk much since I lost weight, except for the band size. I lost belly weight first.

Wish I could lose belly fat first, my moobs went before my love handles!
  • allknowingtomato
    allknowingtomato Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, the fat around your ribs will recede, too. So you may not see as huge a decrease as you are worried about.

Also, build your pectoral muscles. having a firm pectoral floor will "lift" your assets and fill them out better.

Ultimately, there is no way you can "spot preserve" the fat on your breasts. Just work on sculpting muscle groups you want to develop for an overall shapely appearance. Most pro-boob people like all types.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to a set of fake ones when you reach your goal.

No, but really, that's about it. Breasts are pockets of fat, and you can't spot reduce, so losing fat will involve losing mass from the breasts, any way you slice it. If you started out with a lot to lose and had very large breasts to match, I'm sorry to be the bearer of more bad news, but they're going to sag.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Plastic Surgery

QFT

I know if I ever want my boobs back to the way there were pre-baby (they lost a cup size gaining then losing pregnancy weight) I would need surgery.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Each body differs
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    Breast implants.

First place you lose fat is your chest area, then the rest of the fat reserves in your body.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! NOT TRUE!!

Genetics, mostly.

I've lost almost 30lbs, my waist has tucked in 10", 4.5" on each thigh, but I haven't lost a single inch on my hips or bust. At a 40DDD, I'd be really psyched to drop a cup size or two. Or three.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    No. And if they didn't get that big until you became overweight, you definitely won't keep them when you lose.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I can never go down a cup size. The band size goes down, but not the cup size.
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I gain or lose weight the first thing to go is my bra size depending on which way my weight is headed.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    So far I have kept mine and they even look bigger since my belly is smaller. I don't think there is a way to prevent shrinking. It's gonna happen or not happen.
  • gsnthensome
    gsnthensome Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can never go down a cup size. The band size goes down, but not the cup size.

jealous!!!!! i was a large C in HS and fit... had 4 kids and was busting out of a DD.... now im getting fit and can barely fit into a C and almost shrank enough for a b...... im so sad. lol..... my hubby misses them too. :(

i was thinking of natural breast augmentation, but figured, if i suck the fat from my tummy and put it in my boobs and then keep losing weight... ill just lose my boobs again.... so its pretty pointless... lol...... maybe just some laser tightening to make them perky??? HAHAHA
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My boobs have gone down a lot since I lost all this weight.

I'm not complaining mind you......
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I seem to be lucky and have stayed the same size cup size still fits the same but the rest of the bra sits better ,
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A lot of women will lose some of their breast size when they lose weight. Not all women do, though. So far I have lost almost 40 lbs. and still wear the same cup size (DD). I do wear a smaller size around, (went from 38 to 34). I have another 20 or so to lose, but it doesn't look like I'll lose it there. I was actually hoping to lose there, and end up at a C cup or so.
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've lost 82lbs and lost circumference, but not breast size :( I was rather disappointed. I went from a G to an F. But I really think thats more to do with lack of back fat than anything else and because I changed bra styles. I was a 52" around and now a 40" and there are so many different bra choices at the smaller sizes. I really wish I would loose my ta ta's a little but for now they are what they are
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Breasts are made of breast tissue and fat. Some women have a lot of breast tissue. These women can lose fat without dropping in breast size. Some women have a "normal" amount of breast tissue and the rest of their breasts are made of fat. These women lose breast size when they lose overall body fat. Since you mention your breasts are bigger now that you are heavier, I'd guess that yes, you will probably lose breast size when you lose weight. However if the choice is between being heavy with larger breast or being fit and healthy with small breasts most people will pick the small boobs.

I wonder if there's a way for your doc to see how much is fat and how much is breast tissue.
    Shoot I wish I could give you some of mine. If I lose some of my breast fat I'll be kind of relieved because carrying these Ds around are heavy at times haha
    Look at it this way-at least they're adding to your weight and causing you to burn more calories. :bigsmile:
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    A lot of women will lose some of their breast size when they lose weight. Not all women do, though. So far I have lost almost 40 lbs. and still wear the same cup size (DD). I do wear a smaller size around, (went from 38 to 34). I have another 20 or so to lose, but it doesn't look like I'll lose it there. I was actually hoping to lose there, and end up at a C cup or so.
    You are me, except mine went from a 38EE to a 34DD. But they've just sort of... deflated a little. That whole "if you breast fed you have greater elasticity" thing does not seem to be the case.

I've decided in a few years when I turn 40, I'm going to get a lift. If it's socially acceptable for guys to get a sports car and a 20yo girlfriend when going through a midlife crisis, it's socially acceptable for me to get new and improved cleavage. ;)