Any other slow losers on here?

Options
124»

Replies

• a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I always walk 3 miles an hour and I work a dead end job.

This, plus crippling debt and graying hair :wink:

And a lazy eye.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    definitely a slow loser when i do it the right way. but i want to know it's going to last, so if it's a pound a month then so be it...
    i refuse to become a slave to the weight loss industry. i'm changing what i eat and when i eat, trying to not eat unless i'm actually hungry and eating things where i know what the ingredients are, and how they got there. half of the ingredients in a slimfast bar (for example) have never been in a field, only ever a lab, and that scares me.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I lost 31 lbs last year but I also fell off the wagon for a good 4 months, so I'm hoping to lose more this year. Either way, my loss has been slow, but as long as I'm making progress, I don't care.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Me, too. Since I'm doing weight trainng and cardio, though, I'm seeing a big difference in my appearance. That makes it easier to deal with the slow moving scale. I think a lot of it is water, and every few weeks, a couple pounds drops off after no change. So I'm fine with slow. I'm stronger, which I am excited about, and hopefully my new healthier, leaner body will be easier to maintain than if I lost the weight quickly.
  • Zicon
    Zicon Posts: 27
    Options
    Pretty darn slow over here. For the last year, with no serious slip-ups, I've been on a calorie deficit that theoretically should've lost me half a kilo per week, while out here in the real world I've only lost 6.5kg in total. It's harsh, but at least it's going down.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Define "slow". If you mean one to two pounds a week...ON AVERAGE...then that's normal....not slow.

Hang in there....follow the plan and look for gradual results. Just keep reminding yourself what you'll look like in six months...or a year.

Good luck.:smile:
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Right here. Fell off the wagon for quite a few months too. Trying to get back on but it's difficult. Probably BECAUSE progress is so slow.
  • lacyjaneb
    lacyjaneb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ME!!!!! I lost 25 lbs last year by journaling my food and staying within the 1200 cal limit and working out 5 days/week. I lost 1-2 lbs. per week. Which I LOVED, because that's actually fast for me. Then life happened and I gained 10 lbs. back over the holidays. I'm now using MFP to journal my food, eating clean, exercising 5 days/week ( cardio 3x, yoga/pilates 2x). I am trying soooo hard, and I've only lost 2 lbs in a month. I'm so discouraged that I want to give up. I'm working very hard at this, buying organic and natural foods, planning meals, planning workouts and for what - to lose 2 lbs. I try to add more activity in my day too - walking, shoveling snow, chasing after my 6 year old granddaughter who I'm raising, etc. I'm blaming my age (55+) for a slower metabolism, but seriously, I workout very hard and it just won't come off this time. I don't know what more to do. Discouraged and Frustrated.
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30lb in 4 months and I think for someone my size that is quite slow.

Some people I know lose 3-5 lb a week.

Hang in there. Losing some is better than none. :)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i've lost 35 lbs, taken almost 3 years, but have never gained back more than 3 holiday pounds here and there, I rather go slow than fall off a wagon, get ran over and gain a bunch back. Made a lifestyle change. Liked doing it this way. I'm under my "goal" now it's just about toning up.
  • TomKat428
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds over the last 7 months. It probably could have been more if the holidays weren't included in that time :) But I expected to lose slowly. I don't have much to lose, and I'd rather it be mostly fat and not so much muscle!