What is your favourite protein powder?

Options

Replies

• Liliansamata
    Liliansamata Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Without sounding daft. Is protein powder a meal replacement?
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    Plant Fusion!
    They have multiple flavors and unflavored so you can add it to pancakes, etc. I didn't want any soy, dairy, or gluten in my protein powder, so this was a perfect fit. I use vanilla bean and it's not bad, even by itself. It's definitely a protein drink, but I add almond milk, a banana, and strawberries to make it taste great.
  • UseItForFuel
    UseItForFuel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I basically use what ever I can afford. I've tried EAS (the old formula) and Muscle Tech (100% Premium Whey Protein Plus - Deluxe Chocolate.) I am basically limited to the protein powder I can find at Sam's Club.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I use either Protogen (blended protein) or Carnivor (beef protein isolate).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I just bought Aria Womens Protein in Vanilla. Tastes awesome and low in carbs and low GI. Got it at the local grocery store for $10 on discount.
  • BekaSteele
    BekaSteele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started my 90 day challenge using Body By Vi! I've tried a bunch of different protien mixes: off-brand, EAS, Shakeology, APEX etc. But they either tasted gross, were super expensive, or I didn't see results.

Body By Vi is a GREAT shake mix that has a tri-blend of protein that specifically helps with weight loss - it's by far the best tasting mix I've ever had - and it only costs $1.67! I can't even eat crap that cheap :)

Best yet, it's supported with a 90-day money back results guarentee!!

Sorry I'm going on and on, it just really makes sense for my life and I'm excited to pass on the love to others..nothing more :)
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    For some it can be. Until I can re-teach myself to eat enough food, I drink a protein shake at the end of the day so I'm getting enough protein and calories. But if you aren't adding things to it (fruits, veggies, flax seed, etc), I doubt a shake would provide enough calories for a meal replacement.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar Chocolate and Vanilla - they mix great in just a blender bottle.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So far...the Sam's Club Simply Right Vanilla. About 20 bucks for a 4lb bag, nice and smooth it mixes well and for lack of any better description, it is fairly bland so it adds well to other things. I even made a rather credible no bake cheesecake with it.
    I use this and mix it with yoplait smoothie mix for breakfast. I like it and fairly inexpensive.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    1. Dymatize Elite Gourmet (Chocolate Peanut Butter and Strawberries n' Creme)
    2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard (Only tried the chocolate)
    3. Muscle Milk (Graham Cracker and any chocolate one is good)
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Allmax Isoflex Whey Protein the chocolate one has mini choc chips in it, and is 27g of protein per 30g scoop! LOVE IT. I can get it in Canada for around 47.00 for 2lb container

Edited~ AND only 110 calories per scoop when mixed with water.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar's
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options

The simpliest answer is no. Protein powders should contain almost nothing but protein (21-24 grams/serving), with maybe 1 gram of fat and 2-6 grams carbs, which doesn't make a good 'meal' to me. You can definately use a protien powder as a 'base' for a meal replacement shake if you want to. I've added various milks (cow, soy, almond), plus fruits, peanut butter, flax seed, psyllium powder, etc. to make thicker shakes that are more filling for times when I can't get in food.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like MRM Whey protein powder (it was 100% Natural protein powder... now it appears to be Pumped protein powder). Dutch chocolate and rich vanilla are both good. They're low carb, no (or very little) sugar. They mix pretty well, but are even better with half of a frozen banana and some unsweetened almond milk and a little teeny bit of peanut butter.. I get 2 lbs for 20-something from Vitacost.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold standard - Chocolate Coconut or Rocky Road.

Used to use the Body Fortress, but recently it's gone up in price (isolate version) so it's almost the same price as ON and ON tastes better.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Trutein, syntha6, and dymatize
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Rivalus Promasil in Soft Serve Vanilla. Its at GNC. Best tasting one I have tried so far, has only 90 calories per scoop, low carb too. We have to chocolate flavor too, which is ok too.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Mine and my wifes is the Market Pantry Brand (Target) has lower sugar than the others and tasts pretty good and about 20.00 for a container
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Iso-Sensation