Crafty people, need suggestions!

Options
13»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Paper flowers for their moms is another good idea. Easy to do and not that expensive.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Michaels, joanns, target, and walmart all have dollar sections with foam crafts. I'd hit that pretty hard.

I would make one station for decorating picture frames. I'd take my digital camera with me and snap a pic of each kid. After craft hour run over to walgreens for the pics and drop them back off with teacher. You can have the pics printed before the glue dries. That would be a nice gift for the parents.

Cut cardstock of various colors into strips and punch a hole in the top. Have 6" ribbons in a variety of colors. Let kids add stickers and ribbon to make bookmarks. You can write some quotes (or Bible verses if it's a Christian school) on the board for kids to put on theirs. Something age appropriate/easy words to sound out and write. Like "never give up" or "Jesus loves you" or "reading is fun."

You can buy rolls of strip magnet you can cut with regular scissors and it has adhesive on it so you can attach it to most things. Almost anything can be made into a magnet. Michaels sells those little wooden shapes like animals etc, and they come in painted and unpainted. Get the unpainted and give the kids crayons or markers to color them to make their own wooden magnets.

Avoid glitter because of the mess. Avoid glue because kids use way too much and its a disaster. It'll be Easter before that mess dries.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Have them make cooties/love bugs!
    You'd need pipe cleaners, googly eyes, dixie cups/toilet paper tubes/paper towel tubes, markers, construction paper and sparkle glue.

Have each kid create their own cootie/love bug. On slips of paper, help them write something nice to a parent or a friend ("I love you!"; "You're sweet!", etc.) Put these pieces of paper inside the body of the cootie (the paper cups or tubes). Close off the open end with the construction paper. Then have the students decorate their cootie/love bug with the paper, eyes, glitter, and pipe cleaner for feelers and legs.

(PS I just looked back and saw someone showed the love bug craft already! Same thing, you just fill it with the little good feeling slips of paper!)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    bump

Still need ideas?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Foam hearts, glitter, feathers, glue, and googly eyes. Just throw the *kitten* on the table and let them go wild.
    *LMAO* YOu're a girl after my own heart, you know that :)

Sadly, the teacher likes things VERY organized. I need to have three stations, three crafts, demo them, the kids rotate... etc.

They could make their own valentine's day mardi gras like mask, that's always fun! And maybe a wand at the next station? hrmmmm.

I love you all, btw. Great stuff!

Ooh, have them make masks and wings and bow and arrows to make their own cupid costume. One item per station.

That, or have them use those crappy candy hearts and magazine clippings to make collages.

Edited to add: and make those bows and arrows functional. Sugared up kids with projectiles will guarantee that you never get roped into this kinda thing again.

this is cute. my kid personally tried making his own bows and arrows with tape, a hanger (the velvety kind), and some weird kind of plasticey twine that the school has.

so something for boys (bows/arrows) , something for girls (wings), and masks (can't think of anyone who wouldnt like that. )
    IF they are meant to rotate tables the crafts may need to be halfway done to get time to complete them, like say
    1) masks are already painted red or pink and then get decorated with glue and junk aforementioned.
    or mask painting is the task just painting it alone.
    2) twine for bows is precut to sizes
    3) wings are already drawn the cut lines, they only do the cutting and assembling.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    bump

Still need ideas?

Sorry! Not really, I just have to easily get to this post from my phone when I get to Hobby Lobby tonight for supplies *LOL* So I want it to be one of the last I comment on :) hehe!

The cleaning lady here at work saved me 40 toilet paper tubes today, so we're DEFINITELY doing the butterfly on page 1!

I also love the owl, which is SO easy and perfect, so we'll definitely do that.

Then I found some Bow & Arrow things with tongue depressors & fishing line... I'd have to make them in advance, but they could decorate them, so I'm debating that....

But still thinking on the 3rd. craft. Re-reading and visiting all these links!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    8b6f9980d15610cc15de871a93ee32a0.jpg

I love these... Could finagle something similar for the kids, attach a magnet on the back and put a valentine's day recipe on it :)