I Am Scared of Failing - Need Fitness Pal Friends

Options

Replies

• Jburgess82
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • jemd8749
    Options
    This is my third time using myfitnesspal. I really need to get in shape, not just generally, but for my knees. I have very little stamina. I'm with you guys!
  • gswallow
    Options
    Hi Stay Fab,

Just to give you a little background. I have dieted much of my life and am currently retired. I was the plant manager at a local manufacturing plant. What Iearned over the years is that "You can not change anything that you do not measure."

It is true with weigh loss as well. I weigh every day and my digital scale is in "tenths" of a pound. I weigh everymorning and record it. It is not a measurement of how well I am doing, it is just data. Remember you are just recording data, not evaluating your progress!

To that point if you start to gain...several pounds, then it forces you to look at your behavior....but it is just data.....do not be hard on yourself!

I do not count calories, it is just a bi-product. Measure neutrients! Focus on protein, it helps you keep from getting hungry and helps prevent muscle loss during overall weight loss. Our focus should be to eat healthier.......and we will get thinner. Focus on eating healthier!

I am not sure how to add you as a friend, but if you can figure it out, send me a request I will add you.

Good luck, hope to hear from you soon,

Gary:wink:
  • gabesgourmet
    Options
    Hey there! Add me, we can support each other!!
  • MsLTJ71
    MsLTJ71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared to fail. You are going to have days where you lose and then days that you may gain. But it is how you move forward in your journey that is important. Learning from what you may have done wrong by eating that cookie or whatever and then moving on from it to do better the next day/week. I had to remind myself today to look at the big picture as far as weight loss. Not just daily or weekly goals but monthly. For me, setting mini goals to acheive works better because I can see some progress.

Do what works best for you and stay consistent. Feel free to add me.
  • Keturahaku
    Options
    Everyone you find in this site joined to achieve some form of health benefits, dont be scared just be true to yourself & feel free to ask questions & PLEASE add me
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone its super easy, just scan and add. And you're right carrying around a bunch of extra weight is harder. You can add me if you like!! Oh, and you can do this!! :smile:
  • bbrooks123
    bbrooks123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you can add me too, I just rejoined a couple weeks ago.
  • jerseygirleire
    jerseygirleire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me too I've just started today and the support would be much appreciated we can support each other if anyone else wants to add me feel free:smile::smile:
  • beachbums6
    beachbums6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of failing too. I have never been one to track calories until now. It's not so bad. It helps keep me accountable of what I am eating. I have gone over my calories and I feel really bad, but the next day I start new and I know to what the items I eat. I love this site because I can look up foods for calorie intake, especially at fast food places. You can do this.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Add me, you can do it!
  • cesereda
    Options
    I was afraid to sign up here too but have found it to be so very helpful. All you have to do is be honest and log in all of your food and exercise. If you stay within your calorie limits you will lose weight. I signed up about January 7th and have lost 11 lbs so far. I was really excited yesterday when I tried on a pair of jeans that I have not been able to fit in for a long time. At the time we had donuts in the house, I was so happy with the jeans fitting that I had absolutly no desire to eat even one bite of the donuts. It really boosted my moral. Do not be afraid, I am not afraid any more because it is working for me and I am so excited about losing another 10 pounds. I set my goals 10 pounds at a tme. I also set small goals for exercising. I began walking on January 5th. I began with a 1 mile walk and I have increased the amount slowly. I am now walking 3 miles a day. I do have rest days but I feel like I am missing something on those days. Rest days are good for you, it allows your body to regenerate or something. Remember to drink water too. I have to say my body feels so much better. You can add me as a friend if you like. It is nice to get encouragment when your exercise is posted. Have a great day friend.
  • babsmck
    babsmck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me--today is my first day! I am 57 and weigh way too much to be healthy! Let's all be cheerleaders for each other!
  • babsmck
    babsmck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Youur post was so inspirational for me!!
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!
  • derrick998
    derrick998 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me, too!
  • Amycrochet17
    Options
    Add me!!! We can do this!! :smile:
  • KaaylaAnnn
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Always looking for daily sign ins, supportive pals! feel free to add!!! :D
  • 48Tara
    48Tara Posts: 10
    Options
    you can add me! I love this site, it will help you and to have friends to enter act with is awesome! Great job for taking control of your health!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm new to all this!