Pizza Recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    While it depends on what you consider low cal but here is my recipe.
    3 cups unbleached flour
    1 Cup of water
    1 package yeast
    1T olive oil
    mix and kneed well let rise until double pat out very thin in one or 2 baking sheets let rest and rise for about 30 minutes

top with tomato sauce that I have added oregano to. I use Hunts, add seasonings to your taste

top with 2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese
    and 1 ounce of Parmesan cheese

2- 1/8's pieces = around 560 calories depending on the cheese you use. I cut the pizza into 8 slices

Great! That's not too bad!! I can use this recipe on a real splurge kind of day when I want more than two slices haha

They are very large pieces. That is why I pat the dough out very thin.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bumping for the awesome ideas!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat pitas as a base. I keep them in the freezer and they are available at a moment's notice should I get a craving for pizza. Nothing to mix and plan, top with whatever is available. They're portion-controlled to an individual size, so no leftovers calling my name from inside the fridge. 150 calories, 6g protein, 3.2g fiber--and very economical. A pita pizza and huge side salad is very quick, filling, and delicious for lunch, dinner or snack.
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    They are very large pieces. That is why I pat the dough out very thin.

Oh thin....didn't think of that. ^^ okay liking these ideas! Thank you!!
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Haha I've been given sooo many ideas!! I'll try a new one each week...though I think this week I'm gonna try that cauliflower pizza!! Sounds so weird its intrigued me!!!
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Strangelyinsa ---> have you ever tried fake-mashed potatoes? Using cauliflower!! That's really good!!

I love cauli but haven't tried that. I've seen several recipes, though. FYI it's StrangelyInsane, and, yes, I most certainly am.
  • kileemae
    kileemae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love using FlatOut light bread! 90 calories, lots of fiber, low carb. I put either a little tomato sauce or just load the whole thing with veggies and a little bit of cheese-
    bake at 380 just the flat out for 5 minutes and then put the rest of the pizza in with all the veggies and bake for 8 minutes- i always broil the top so the rest of the cheese melts!
    I love that I can put my own favorite veggies on top!