Sweet Cravings?

Options

Replies

• SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    oddly enough special k berries cereal or small serving of the sweet I want.Everything in moderation :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get sweet cravings because I'm dehydrated or tired. I've found Alpine Apple Cider (80 calories) helps with the dehydration while satisfying a sweet tooth. But sometimes I'll have a candy from my kids' stash... there's always candy in my house. Or ice cream... or fruit... whatever I want as long as it fits in my calorie goal.
  • DOit207
    Options
    I have 2 Dove Dark Chocolate Promises for "dessert" after lunch. Seems to satisfy my sweet tooth craving for the rest of the day.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm craving in a moderate amount. :) I almost always have dark chocolate in the house, though.
  • breckinloggins
    Options
    I will allow myself a REAL Mrs. Fields Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie form the mall (nothing "diet" about that... it's the genuine sweet article). But I have some rules:

- The calories must remain under my daily limit

- I can't do this two days in a row

Yes, I know that technically this means I could have one of these cookies every other day, but that doesn't happen in practice. It's just enough "real sweets" to get myself over the cravings.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Brownies, protein bars, fruit, whatever I have around!
  • mghanie
    mghanie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ice cream with Reese's pieces mixed up inside :) yummmmmmy

ooo and brownies
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Greek Vanilla Yogurt.
    Oatmeal.
    Froyo (Red Mango is my BFF)
    Fiber-one chocolate chip cookie.
    Fruit.
    Fruit snacks.
    Almond butter.

Check out my blog for snacks under 100 calories.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85% dark chocolate (58 calories per square) and Kashi Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (130 cals plus whole grains) are staples in my house since I started counting calories. I have at least one every day, usually late at night before bed.
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Greek Vanilla Yogurt.
    Oatmeal.
    Froyo (Red Mango is my BFF)
    Fiber-one chocolate chip cookie.
    Fruit.
    Fruit snacks.
    Almond butter.

Check out my blog for snacks under 100 calories.

What is Froyo?
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein bars are REALLY good and have have GREAT macros (just a little pricey). Fruits usually do it for me and my protein shakes are to DIE for haha... I also go crazy for flavored PB from peanut butter company!

All of this! I'd rather eat something sweet and nutritious as opposed to something that's just empty calories.

I also like cottage cheese or greek yogurt with cinnamon and Stevia, maybe with some fruit or peanut butter (almond butter, hazelnut butter) mixed in.
    Pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie spices and truvia (can be added to a vanilla protein shake in the blender, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc.)
  • NC1994
    NC1994 Posts: 24
    Options
    I usually have a can of diet coke.

The sweet taste gets rid of my craving and it makes me feel so bloated so no matter how much i'm craving anything I just don't want to eat! And only 1 calorie :)
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Three single squares of Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate every day for dessert. Yum!
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I freeze a banana, top with a little sugar free chocolate syrup & whipped cream (sometimes other toppings if I have the leftover calories). Instant banana split :)

That is an AWESOME idea! I am totally doing this. I used to slice up banana, sprinkle with a litle splenda, stick them in a baggie and freeze them. That would make a nice, sweet snack but this sounds better :)
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm craving in a moderate amount. :) I almost always have dark chocolate in the house, though.
    Both of these.
  • Yellow_butterfly8490
    Options
    no sugar added jello- 10 cal
    or
    no sugar added pudding- 60 cal

Sometimes kettle corn help too...it has the sugar and salty taste which gets both craving taken care of :happy:
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli Pepperment Bark. One piece. Or some kind of fruit if I have any in the house. Low calorie or greek yogurt. I am a sugarholic and its hard for me everyday.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes dark chocolate, 1 square does the trick. I can't do that with any other sweets, I want more. The dark chocolate does it for me. My husband takes it a step further, he has a bit of Bakers chocolate and that works for him. The sugar free stuff, with the exception of Jelly Belly sugar free sours,,,,,,,will set me off and I want sugar, so I can't go that route.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    i'v read that freezing grapes and eating them an hour later tastes sweet, haven't tried it as yet though, or if you live in the uk, cadburys freddo bars only 20p and 95 cals, all rubbish in them though but it satisfies my cravings.
    i'm following some of this advice today and see what works for me
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I have a craving, nothing but that good will cut it. But my cravings are usually chocolate (I drink shakeology) or cheese (I eat low fat cheese) so it's been ok so far.