How many calories should I really be eating and belly fat

Options

Replies

• NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    where is your protein?? maybe start buying some powders and adding them to your oatmeal and smoothies and shakes...you definately need more protein:) I say bump your inatke up and start focusing on a harder workout plan for your tummY!!

edited to add......you need to add more protein and carbs, veggies for sure!!

Does this diet sound better?

Breakfast:
    Day 1-3: Salad (spinach, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and olive oil), green tea
    Day 4-6: 1 apple, 1 orange, and green tea

Snack:
    Day 1-3: Sauteed onion, carrot and brocolli (using olive oil and dill)
    Day 4-6: Sauteed onion, carrot and chicken (using olive oil and dill)

Lunch:
    1 packet of Quaker Oatmeal (apples and cinnamon) mixed with old fashioned oatmeal and almond milk

Dinner:
    Usually just rice with chicken, steak or fish and some veggies. Sometimes I have homemade chicken soup with veggies. And sometimes it's just spaghetti with chicken and some veggies. It basically changes everyday.

Snack: 15 almonds
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    I just looked at your pictures, and your body does not look anything like you describe. You don't look too skinny in the legs, nor does you belly look out of proportion. You look really good. I think you just aren't seeing what you really look like, which is a body image issue, not a body issue.

i didn't see any pics posted? where did you see these?

I never posted any pictures on here. I don't know what that person is talking about...

But I'm 32 inches around my waist when I'm not bloated.
  • moormuscles
    Options
    Wow this diet you just posted is really really bad.

There is no way near enough carbs in there. Also when you are finally having some proper carbs you are having them at night. Im no expert but the diet looks like it is a total mess to me

anyone else??
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what's going on with your metabolism!
    There are food intolerances in your body to some foods that are not letting you achieve your goal. I know because I have been there like you.
  • moormuscles
    Options
    have you put the above diet into this site and calculated your calories? It looks anywhere between 700-1100 depending on your portion sizes and if thats the case then you are not eating enough food and that is the problem. eating a bit more might actually make your belly flatter believe it or not

and the biggest issue with your diet is that more than 50% is all fruit and veg which is actually over the top
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    I know exactly what's going on with your metabolism!
    There are food intolerances in your body to some foods that are not letting you achieve your goal. I know because I have been there like you.

Can you please tell me more. I think I do way better without dairy, wheat, sugar, and white flour.
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    I just looked at your pictures, and your body does not look anything like you describe. You don't look too skinny in the legs, nor does you belly look out of proportion. You look really good. I think you just aren't seeing what you really look like, which is a body image issue, not a body issue.

i didn't see any pics posted? where did you see these?

Ok, I just posted pictures.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eat a steak. And some greek yogurt. And some protein powder. And then another steak. Girl you're starving!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water?
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are always changing up your ab workouts. If your body gets used to the same things all the time it isn't going to do you any good. And as you get more in shape you need to increase the difficulty with which you are pushing yourself.

On another note, keep in mind that women are made to carry babies. The woman's body is made to stretch and grow in that particular area. There is more skin there. The smaller you are, the more exaggerated that area looks. It takes tightening up, but it is possible. Unfortunately, genetics can also make tightening this area difficult. If the women in your family tend to be more fertile, it is likely that you are as well. It is possible that because of this, your body keeps extra skin/fat in this area to make carrying a baby easier. I am telling you this to help, not give women an excuse for their "pooch". It is proven cause of extra in your belly. But it is also fixable. It takes hard work.

Remember, vary your exercises and increase your difficulty (probably on a weekly basis since the body can adapt quickly).

EDIT: Also, since you're so small in stature, remember that your body has to make room for all your organs.
  • carolynbergen1
    Options
    That's not belly fat! You are beautiful and I could only wish to have your figure! But then again, I am a lot older than you and have had a child. Seriously, you are not eating enough! What you consider a belly just may be your body type, genetics etc...If you want tight abs, do some ab workouts but please, eat more food. Someone on here said your diet is a mess, and it really is! Good luck to you but please....you really are stunning. I think you are WAY too critical of yourself! My son would kill to have a GF that looks like you!:smile:
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    That's not belly fat! You are beautiful and I could only wish to have your figure! But then again, I am a lot older than you and have had a child. Seriously, you are not eating enough! What you consider a belly just may be your body type, genetics etc...If you want tight abs, do some ab workouts but please, eat more food. Someone on here said your diet is a mess, and it really is! Good luck to you but please....you really are stunning. I think you are WAY too critical of yourself! My son would kill to have a GF that looks like you!:smile:

LOL :D Thanks so much hun!

How many calories would you recommend for me to have per day?

I'll try doing more ab workouts.
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    Make sure you are always changing up your ab workouts. If your body gets used to the same things all the time it isn't going to do you any good. And as you get more in shape you need to increase the difficulty with which you are pushing yourself.

On another note, keep in mind that women are made to carry babies. The woman's body is made to stretch and grow in that particular area. There is more skin there. The smaller you are, the more exaggerated that area looks. It takes tightening up, but it is possible. Unfortunately, genetics can also make tightening this area difficult. If the women in your family tend to be more fertile, it is likely that you are as well. It is possible that because of this, your body keeps extra skin/fat in this area to make carrying a baby easier. I am telling you this to help, not give women an excuse for their "pooch". It is proven cause of extra in your belly. But it is also fixable. It takes hard work.

Remember, vary your exercises and increase your difficulty (probably on a weekly basis since the body can adapt quickly).

EDIT: Also, since you're so small in stature, remember that your body has to make room for all your organs.

Thank you so much for your advice! I'm going to start changing up my workouts more frequent.
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    Eat a steak. And some greek yogurt. And some protein powder. And then another steak. Girl you're starving!

I don't do well with dairy. Had dairy today and I'm feeling embarrassingly gassy :/
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough protein and you need it to build muscle and for beautiful skin olive oil. Wear a spanx and stop obsession g about a little pooch. I bet you look cute in your clothes
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Cut out dairy. Cut out anything your body doesn't react well to, but eat more of the (healthy) things you can eat - try to snack on nuts and eat more meat. Don't be afraid of dietary fat.

And when you do strength training, which you should focus on, work out your back as well as your abs. It'll make fixing your posture easier (sitting straight will be more comfortable) and balance your ab muscles to give you a tighter stomach.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Based on the ab pic on your profile I'd say you have a very attractive, soft feminine curve to your abs. They look natural and pretty and there's even some nice definition to them. How anyone could mistake that for a pregnant belly I just don't know...

As others have mentioned, try elmininating dairy and see if it helps. Dairy bloats me out and upsets my digestion. :flowerforyou:
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm 4`11 as week, definitely make sure your eating enough and do strength training! Also you eat a lot of fruit and even though fruits healthy it's still sugar so stick to one or two fruits a day. Also skip the oatmeal packets and go for steal cut oaks. Little changes can make a huge difference.

Strength training overall not just abs will help to make those muscles show through!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    your stomach is pretty flat and you do not have a muffin top ..

If you want to tone up then build a work out program around squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, pullups/chinups etc...maybe mix in some cardio once a week and about 30 minutes of core/ab work ....
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    Cut out dairy. Cut out anything your body doesn't react well to, but eat more of the (healthy) things you can eat - try to snack on nuts and eat more meat. Don't be afraid of dietary fat.

And when you do strength training, which you should focus on, work out your back as well as your abs. It'll make fixing your posture easier (sitting straight will be more comfortable) and balance your ab muscles to give you a tighter stomach.

Thanks so much for your tips!