Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    5'7 - 161lbs and a loose size US10

at 175 I was a nice fitting US12
  • katieqp
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'7" and about 172. I currently wear a sixe 10 pant (but have a bit of muffin top - refuse to buy larger size) and a large shirt (mostly to avoid being too clingly.)
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    5'7
    CW = 167lbs

Jeans 5-6 (NO REAR END AND LITTLE LEGS! - Love my dad but he could have kept that feature!)
    Dress Pants 6-8
    Underwear - SMALL! - TOLD YOU!
    Shirts - Large to Extra Large (Built like a brick **** house up top, broad and strapping like all my maternal uncles!)

Seriously I have the classic apple shape. If you look at my before pics on my profile when I was very heavy it's easier to see that apple. (Ya know the fruit-of-a-loom Apple Guy?) SOOOO difficult to buy jeans because my waist is bigger than my hips so in order to avoid the muffin top I have to buy jeans to fit the waist and then it looks like I got a load in the back. :()

We're all so very different and I am working on evening out my shape by lifting. Want to bulk the rear and legs so it gives the illusion that I have a waist :)

Best of luck!
    Sal
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    5'7
    CW = 167lbs

Jeans 5-6 (NO REAR END AND LITTLE LEGS! - Love my dad but he could have kept that feature!)
    Dress Pants 6-8
    Underwear - SMALL! - TOLD YOU!
    Shirts - Large to Extra Large (Built like a brick **** house up top, broad and strapping like all my maternal uncles!)

Seriously I have the classic apple shape. If you look at my before pics on my profile when I was very heavy it's easier to see that apple. (Ya know the fruit-of-a-loom Apple Guy?) SOOOO difficult to buy jeans because my waist is bigger than my hips so in order to avoid the muffin top I have to buy jeans to fit the waist and then it looks like I got a load in the back. :()

We're all so very different and I am working on evening out my shape by lifting. Want to bulk the rear and legs so it gives the illusion that I have a waist :)

Best of luck!
    Sal

Sounds just like me. I am 5'7" and at my smallest weight which was 175 lbs I wore a size 14. Now at weight 206, I wear a size 18 which is too big, but the size 16 are too small. My waist is the same as my hips and I have no butt and very slim legs and big up top. I look top heavy it is ridiculous. I think even when I get to my goal weight I will still be a large size in clothing because I have no waist so I have to wear a bigger size just for it to fit but then everything else is huge like the butt and legs of the pants. It is so annoying. :(
  • cdmatlock1
    cdmatlock1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7, 190lb pants 14-16, dress 14, shirt xl
  • sarahthecamper
    sarahthecamper Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'8", 172, size 12 usually, L tops. Looks pretty static along the thread!

Goal is 155, size 8 (probably), and just more room in my L tops. My shoulders are ginormous.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7/8 159lbs size 14 bottoms 12 tops
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was in high school (1980's) I was about 150 lbs and wore a size 12/14. Last time I lost a good amount of weight back in 2010 I got down to 165 lbs and I was wearing sizes 8 and 10's. I dont know if the sizing has changed over the last few decades or that my body just carried that weight totally differently.

Im a total apple shape and carry all my fat in my face and midsection. Im currently in 16/18 and hate it. I am really looking forward to losing it the right way and toning enough to be comfortable in clothing without muffin top (got a whole bakery going on right now!!!).

I too have no backside as some other gals have mentioned and narrow hips. All my bulk is in my stomach. Ive never had a flat stomach even at my very lowest weight.
  • charovnitza
    Options
    I was thinking about this this morning: How numerical sizing has changed since I was a young woman. Right now I'm 5'5 1/2" tall, I weigh 174.8 pounds, and wear an extra large top (huge breasts), size 14 pants, and size large in dresses. When I was in my 20's, I weighed 136 pounds and wore a size 13/14 in dresses and pants, and a large top. There was no such thing as a size 0, or an extra, extra small. Since the fashion industry has decided that "smallest" is better, small sizes have now become bragging rights. Please believe me, I'm thrilled that everyone here (including myself) is losing weight, getting fitter and healthier, and Yes, wearing smaller clothes. I just find it odd that the fashion industry has a lock on our egos.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    5'7
    Weight:187lb
    Pants:12/13
    Shirt: L/XL
    apple shaped
  • smb1186
    smb1186 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'7", currently 149, size 8 bottom and small top, 34A so i rarely go up to a medium even with weight gain, goal is to be 125 sz 4/6
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I think.

At my heaviest I was 167 and I wore size 12 pants, sometimes 14.
    XL top

I'm currently 144, wanting to get down to 135.
    size 8 pants, L top (broad shoulders, fairly big bust)

I have a small frame, straight body shape- measurements are 38-32-38.
    I would love to get some more fat off of my mid-section!
  • KimberlyRX1
    KimberlyRX1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5.7" - 170 at the mo - size UK 12-14

Want to be 147 - 10 -12
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5" and am currently 150. I wear anywhere from a size 4 (slacks) to an 8 jean. Typically settle around a 6. I wear small or medium shirts.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7"...SW = 169, CW = 133
    My goal is to stay between 130-134...
    I started at size 12, lg. tops
    Now I am size 4 in most pants, sm. tops
    I am happy with most parts of my body currently except the lower "rear" portion. Fortunately, few will ever see it! :)
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 5'7" and I weight 143 and wear a size 4. My goal is 130-135 ish
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7. 1/2"
    Current weight approx 152lbs wearing a M/L dress
    Size 9 - 11 JR pants
    M-L shirts depending on the fit I want (I'm picky)
    I find it varies quite a bit depending on brand/fit of the clothing!!!

At my lowest adult eight approx 130-135 I was a size 7 JR

In high school I could wear a size 5 JR
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options

OK, this site is AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing! I am 5' 7", 38 yo, CW = 160, GW = 135.
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options

OK, this site is AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing! I am 5' 7", 38 yo, CW = 160, GW = 135.

Oops, sorry, meant to add that I wear an 8/10 in jeans and a M/L in tops.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7'' and I was 175lb at my heaviest. I'm now 146lb with about 14 to go. I was a UK very snug 14 and am now a uk 10 on top and 12 on the bottom thanks to my massive thighs grrr! I'm aiming for a uk 10 all over (I think) lol xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!