Ladies 5'7 size question

Options

Replies

• julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, about 150 lbs and I wear a size 8.
  • grahamde
    Options
    I'm a bit off kilter -- I weigh 165 and am 5'6", which is pretty close -- I am a size 14 on top and size 8-10 on bottom
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I love this site, but how does one have the shape of a banana? Lol! :laugh:
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" CW: 178 Size 14 pants (are loose) and L shirts.

Can't say too much about my size and what it should be because I haven't shopped for clothes very often while loosing weight. I'm guessing I could get into a 12 right now but I wouldn't know. I haven't tried on a dress in years so I couldn't give you what size that would be. I am looking to lose about 18 more pounds and hoping to be into a 10.

Love that body gallery site!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and am 160 pounds currently. I wear a L shirt and a loose size 12 pants. Hope this helps. My goal weight is 135 size 6 or 4 and a size M shirt. We will see.
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i am 5 ' 8'' and 188lbs and wear a size 13
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    See this is what I don't understand. Most people my weight (171 atm) seem to be a size 12, 10....well I'm a 16. I can fit into a 14 but I get muffin top. WTH. It's very frustrating.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    5'7
    CW = 167lbs

Jeans 5-6 (NO REAR END AND LITTLE LEGS! - Love my dad but he could have kept that feature!)
    Dress Pants 6-8
    Underwear - SMALL! - TOLD YOU!
    Shirts - Large to Extra Large (Built like a brick **** house up top, broad and strapping like all my maternal uncles!)

Seriously I have the classic apple shape. If you look at my before pics on my profile when I was very heavy it's easier to see that apple. (Ya know the fruit-of-a-loom Apple Guy?) SOOOO difficult to buy jeans because my waist is bigger than my hips so in order to avoid the muffin top I have to buy jeans to fit the waist and then it looks like I got a load in the back. :()

We're all so very different and I am working on evening out my shape by lifting. Want to bulk the rear and legs so it gives the illusion that I have a waist :)

Best of luck!
    Sal

Wow, I thought I was the only female built like this!! It's so hard to find pants that fit and I have a hard time buying dresses too. My shoulders and back are very broad (strong, like bull) so I still wear between a 14 and 16 in dresses. I can wear a size 8 - 10 in pants.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how different we all are.

I'm 5'7" - at my heaviest I was about 173. I could squeeze into an 8 pants (a little tight) and was busting out of large tops. Now I'm at 143 and size 6 pants are a little big and I can wear a M-L top (still a DD). I have about 8# to go before I'm happy with "the number". I imagine I'll be about a 4-6 pants and hope to be a M top by then.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't think that weight is all that matters with the size of your pants. Of course some but it is not all determined by the scale. When I was at my highest weight of 195 I wore a size 14. I am at 165 now and wear an 8. I have worn a size 8 for the last 10-15 lbs. My body has changed shape more than I have lost weight.
  • HThieson
    HThieson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" - currently 217lbs (working off the baby weight from my newborn) and I'm in a size 14. My best weight is 185, and I fit a size 8 and a medium. I carry my weight very differently than a lot of people!
  • methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey... I am:

height: 5'7
    weight: 201 (started journey at 208)
    pants: 14-16
    tops: XL (I am DDD.. very busty)
    Goal weight: 145-150

I am curvy and my weight distributes pretty evenly. Everyone is shocked to hear I am 200lbs. When I am 150, I look and feel great and that puts me in a size 8-9 which is exactly where I want to be. Any smaller than that and I look anorexic! Think because of my large bust.
  • kellymoconnell
    kellymoconnell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8" and at my heaviest i was 164 and a size 10-12/31. i've lost 25 pounds and am back to a size 6/28.
  • bambiixo
    bambiixo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, i am 5'6.5 and currently 175 pounds. I wear size 16 in pants and a medium or large shirt size. All my extra weight is in my lower half which makes me a very obvious pear shape lol.
  • deeann7769
    deeann7769 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"...

Juniors sizes:

Bottoms - 11
    Tops - L
    Dresses - 13

Adult sizes:

Bottoms - 6-10 (depends on brand)
    Tops - M-XL (depends on brands)
    Dresses - 8-14 (yes, still depends on brands)

I'm fairly chesty, so that is always an issue, even when I am at my fit weight. I've never been below 152 in my adult life, and in the 152-155 range I am pretty ripped. I'd like to get into the 140s just to see how it goes, but if it takes a crazy amount of maintenance, I'd be perfectly happy to just be in the 150s =)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" (sorry with heels I could be 5'7" :laugh: ), 164, size 6 US/Can pants.. when I was 175lbs, I was a size 12/13?
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 - currently 187.5 - wear a L shirt (think I could probably wear a medium) and 14 pant (think I could wear a 12). Goal is 155 - will probably be in medium shirt and 10 pant.
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and 153 lbs. I'm hourglass/leaning-towards-pear shaped and I'm an 8 to 10 on the bottom (10s are loose). At 145 (my goal) I'm a 6 to 8.

Tops are M, dresses are 6-10 (depends on the fit) or M.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5'7" 148lbs Jeans size 29 (8 US) and Medium shirts. In the 170s I was a 12/LG.
  • LReter
    LReter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and currently weight 180 - I am in-between size 16 and size 14 right now. When I weighed 164, I was in-between size 12 and size 10 - Hoping to get there again and stay there!!! : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!