C25K

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Used the program before there was an app...LOL...Loved it the first time around, used it when I quit smoking. Second time around I used it to get my son off the couch. This time is am actually ramping up the pace, attempting to get pace down to 6 minute miles consistently, so instead of jog/walk I sprint/jog. The program is great!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've done it. It took me longer than 8weeks to finnish. Myself....I was on the 8 month program. Extremely happy to say that I finnished it, and very happy that I did it
  • cgolding5
    Options
    I started it last week. Today I'll start Week 2, Day 1. So far, I like it!
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started it Monday and just did my 2nd "run" today. It was so much harder than Monday, but I pushed through it. Afterwards, I looked at the app and realized I just did Week 2 Day 3 instead of Week 1 Day 2. Oops! Guess that's what happens when I try to exercise at 5:30 in the morning...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it, but I need for it to get a little warmer first. It's nine weeks of training? Is it a free download?

There are a few apps out there, some are free, others not. I can't remember if I paid for mine, which usually means it was free or a buck.
  • KristinD1977
    Options
    I am doing it and am on week 4. I absolutely love using the app.

I've run 5ks before but never followed a program. I am excited to see the difference in the way I've "trained" myself in the past compared to the way c25k will prepare me for a race, hoping that my lungs will be stronger!!! I plan on doing the 10k program next and then on to the half as I've registered for my first. I have until September to train :)
  • nbischoff15
    Options
    LOVE the C25K program! Actually twice.
    The first time through, I had to repeat a couple weeks.
    But it got me to the point where I could slow jog a 5K.
    Then I took a break from running - and when I started again, decided to do the program again.

I searched for podcasts to download where the song tempo changes for the walk vs run intervals - that helped me as I could zone out a bit and just focus on my feet hitting the ground in time to the music. :)

Good luck!
  • KristinD1977
    Options
    Started this last friday :) I run Mon Wed and Fri so this Fri im Week 2 Day 1 :)
    First day was hard but i've got better already and im enjoying it lots.
    Need to start doing stretches before hand though, my calf/ankle kills about half way through.

Make sure you warm up prior to stretching
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I am - I will finish week 2 day 3 today and then move to week 3. I was on Week 1 and started and stopped and started and stopped many many times within the last year. So now I am determined to get this done before I go to the beach!!
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I LOVE the c25k app!!! It completely changed my life! I am working on the c210k app now, and I just signed up for my first 5k of the year! Last summer I ran 5 races because of that app. They are so much fun, so social, and it's amazing how addicting they are!!! I am HOOKED!!!!
  • nikki2001
    nikki2001 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm on week 4 day 2 I love it, it really helps!
  • katie__pillar
    Options
    I'm doing it, but I'm using the Zombies Run C25K. I tried it last year and it was just too much for me. I've since lost 60lbs and am a lot more fit and I'm finding it easier, but not easy. I still have to really work at it. I'm not a natural runner.

I love ZRC25K - I've got about 4 runs left and I'm really getting into the stories and the characters. I'm looking forward to graduating to the actual running app and building my zombie-proof base. :D
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Advances too quickly for me also. I just started doing 1 minute of running on the treadmill and adding on an additional minute each time. I do this 2 times a week when I don't lift. Days I do lift I am walking 3.5 mph for 30 minutes. I have done it 5 times now and I am actually up to 6 minutes of running out of 25 minutes total. It's easier each time I do it. :bigsmile:
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I should also mention that I am doing this while pushing a toddler in a jogging stroller...building muscle and stamina....LOL
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I did it, loved it, took longer than 9 weeks as I started very heavy, but I stuck with it repeated where I needed to and can now knock out a 5k in my lunch break - Just started the C210K, slightly trickier as it takes double the time so not so easy to fit in - But C25K Rocks!!
  • froggysgirl
    froggysgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started this program this morning. I only made it through half. I am not a natural born runner at all.....I feel very awkward & clumsy, and my feet feel like lead. But I'm not going to give up on it. I will repeat weeks if I have too... Just keep with it, and I'm sure it will get easier as you go along.
  • elvinprincess_9
    elvinprincess_9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use this, had to go back to week 2 though coz i stopped due to injury. Ive even signed up for a 10k run in the summer!
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just started it again. I love it! I did the whole program about a year ago and it totally works, but now I'm coming back from a foot injury so I decided to start again from the beginning to baby-step my way back. Good luck! I think you'll really like it.
    7631282 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, and you can't believe how long I was sitting on that couch. I had to repeat week 1 three times, week 2 three times and currently on week three and I'm thinking about moving up to week 4 today. It is really a challenge, but it works. I am doing it 5 days a week versus 3. Give it a try, you don't get bored, this app talks to you the entire time your walking/running and constantly changes things up. Good luck!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    yes its a great app, have it free on my iphone, started it last year, and started again last week, bit hard for me, so i am doing week 1 day at the moment, i started with just the warm up and one run, and sunday did 15mins and the 5 min cool down so nearly finished day 1, it will take me longer that the time but i dont mind set your own pace. sometimes i do it at the gym, and in the warmer weather outside.
    good luck