The HCG Plan

Options
124»

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Did it (before being truly educated) and wouldn't recommend it! It just destroys your metabolism! You lose b/c you're practically starving your body!! There are healthier ways to do it!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I think this random review kind of sums it up...the cupplements, not the illegal HCG Diet.

Conclusion

When you stop to consider all of your options for weight reduction and dietary supplements, HCG Platinum X-14 does not really stand out. First of all, there is no fitness regimen or healthy eating plan incorporated with this product. Secondly, this liquid formula only lasts for about two weeks. Moreover, clinical data is not presented to support this weight loss product. It is wise to check with your physician before even considering a product like hCG Platinum X-14.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who gave useful information. This is what fitnesspal suppose to be about to help and guide others. All the ones who gave negative feedback and thought they were funny could of have stayed off my thread.

Regretfully some here use the excuse of trying to help, just so they can try and impress one another. Hope you stay away from HCG.

Okay, now I'm really curious. Specifically in which posts do you believe this is the case?

This is a common accusation here, but almost never has anyone been able to point to specific examples when asked. Perhaps if someone could highlight where they believe the problem is, I can better understand how others are seeing this.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I kind of feel sorry for newbies who stumble in to this topic.

I understand why people can still be taken in--there is plenty of support in the popular media and lots of pseudo-scientific "research" that one can stumble upon that appears to support the program.

To the OP: this is probably THE most rancorous topic on MFP. Any mention of it is going to provoke this type of response. For many of us, HCG epitomizes everything that is wrong and sleazy in the fitness and health industry (along with Jillian Michaels---ha, ha, just kidding folks, couldn't help myself).

I thought you responded very politely. :smile:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    **gets popcorn and chair** this is gonna be good. In before the lock.

^^This^^
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who gave useful information. This is what fitnesspal suppose to be about to help and guide others. All the ones who gave negative feedback and thought they were funny could of have stayed off my thread.

Hey man. It's ALL of our thread.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    There is no side effects and I did my research before i decided to try it.

Metabolic slowdown could be considered a side effect.

Oh, and... HCG threads are against forum rules. This thread will be locked and probably deleted when the mods find it.

Just follow MFP. You'll be fine.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    US News: I know we all have some sort of skepticism regarding news writing these days but read this article:

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/03/14/hcg-diet-dangers-is-fast-weight-loss-worth-the-risk?page=2

And there is NO way you have a dose of a hormone that doesnt include the hormone. It would just be saline at that point!

Thanks for the info. The kind that I brought is HCG Platinum 100% hormone free. the hormone is replace with amino acid, african mango, and vitamin b12

Oh, so you're just taking a placebo pill, rather than actual HCG hormone, in addition to the starvation diet. Solid plan.
  • msweetalex
    msweetalex Posts: 15 Member
    Options

To whose response are you referring? I read through all of the replies and was surprised how generally helpful and positive they all were. There are only so many ways to be "positive" and give the correct answer of "no". Sorry you didn't get the responses you wanted, but the responses answered the question nonetheless.

Oh, and just so we're clear, here's my response: "NO."

Ok what do you want a HAND CLAP?! If thats how I feel why do YOU care...
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Duuuummmmmmbbbb
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I read through the replies...you are lucky people are as nice as they are on here. I have seen people be brutal.

But, I for one am going to say something some what negative. For every response you have come back with some excuse as to why you are doing it. It is obvious that you are already in the mind set to screw up your body, despite people giving you articles, telling you stories, and giving recommendations. I am not going to sugar coat anything because others have already tried and all you have are excuses.

If all you want it is a quick fix, then I suggest going to a plastic surgeon because the risks will be about the same.

Sorry if you think it is rude, but I am only trying to help you see what you are doing.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Motivate each other to drink preggo pee??

Come here girly...

1073_1337797666.gif

^^^ I am Rick James, b**ch! ^^^

On a more serious note - if you want to totally destroy your body/ hormonal balance/ metabolism, knock yourself out!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

To whose response are you referring? I read through all of the replies and was surprised how generally helpful and positive they all were. There are only so many ways to be "positive" and give the correct answer of "no". Sorry you didn't get the responses you wanted, but the responses answered the question nonetheless.

People that react to posts like you have tend to think someone saying "no" or ask you to think are mean people. Contrary to this belief, many of these people put their heads on your chopping block to warn you of doing dangerous things to yourself, because many of us have either been there/done that, researched enough to know about it, or have successfully lost weight a healthier way.

He cares because you brought it up, it's not good for you, and he's a decent human being that doesn't want to see another human being sicken or kill themself over a diet.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Oh I get it. You only wanted to hear from people willing to say this was healthy. Eating at such extremely low calorie ranges and not exercising and taking something that has yet to be proven to actually help with weightloss. I apologize if this is not what you wanted to hear but people are supporting you by trying to tell you to stop harming your body.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

What I *want* is for people to stop telling everyone what *they* believe MFP is all about...and to stop complaining about the way someone said "no" when their answer to the question was "no"...and I want people to stop accusing people of being "mean" just because they didn't get the answer they wanted.

And I care because I believe people who make these generally baseless accusations such as you have made are the single greatest threat to the MFP forums. Well, that, and I hate to read about people messing themselves up on an unsafe diet because they didn't take the time to research it better.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    A prego pee post!

tumblr_lmud69gl4K1qzj4fro1_400.gif
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I am locking this topic because it violates our Community Guidelines which prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

I also wanted to remind users when posting in our forums to please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Regards,
    Olivia
    MFP Staff
This discussion has been closed.