Would anyone else like to not weigh in with me?

Options
That's right, you heard me, not weigh in! For a month!

I know it sounds crazy... But just listen!

Can you imagine going a month with out weighing in, and then be happy to see you lost 20 pounds!

Plus, ultimately it isn't the number on the scale that matters, but how you look!

Anyone willing to give it a shot?

Worst case scenario you don't track your weight for a month.. Best case scenario - you lose a bunch of weight (as you normally would have) but this time you get to be shocked, rather than when you weigh in constantly.

Replies

• snowboardn
    Options
    This weekend I tried to force myself to go a week without weighing in... that lasted half a day
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I had already planned to do that for the month of February anyway because I had become addicted to weighing myself multiple times a day.
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    me!
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    This is what I do now....I tried doing day by day to watch the fluctuations and it drove me bonkers. I'm back to once a month, on the first of every month. GET IT!
  • shellyann1180
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! I weighed in this morning but I won't weigh in for the next month. Great idea! I read where it isn't good to weigh yourself every day anyway. I do find that I get very sad if I weigh myself and don't see the scale move in the direction I want it to.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm a weigh in addict and it's self abuse and likely a leading cause of my repeated collapses, get derailed by the negative results and bam give up. So I'm in. I'll work hard for Feb, but not weigh everyday.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Let's do it. Friend request on your way.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed in in a month as it is, so yep...I'm in! :)
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that kind of will power!
  • hg0424
    hg0424 Posts: 18
    Options
    count me in that sounds like a good plan !
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would try but the mid-contest weigh in for the Biggest Loser at my gym is February 15. :grumble:
  • t4shara3
    t4shara3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just try it! Or if you're one of those constant weigh in-ers you could do weighing in just once a week! This is what I do and even just doing this I am always surprised. Make sure you weigh in at the same time (the best time to weigh in is in the morning after you go to the bathroom... or that's what my boyfriend told me!)
  • t4shara3
    Options
    Mommy duke, you could always try just doing it for the gym weigh in and at the end of the month :)
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in. I'm going to put the scale away tonight. I hate obsessing over the # on the scale, yet i do it anyway, LOL. wishing everyone luck in staying away from the scale.
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    lol, I am lucky to go an entire day without weighing myself...but I am one who's motivation is determined by the number on the scale....I gain so quickly that I HAVE to follow it or I will get off track very fast...it's just how I am....everyone is different....but good luck!!!
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm very tempted because I get very bummed when the scale doesn't move. But to not weigh for a month? Okay...I'm in!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would like to do that. But part of a contest this month that does weekly weigh ins. I'm having a tough time not stepping on the scale every morning! I think I may try this next month though.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm SO in!!!!!!!!
  • t4shara3
    Options
    I'm so excited to have you all on deck!

Feel free to add me! We should all try to remember to check back in on the 5th of march to see our progress and maybe right a blurb about how not weighing in helped/didn't help/etc :)
  • shellyann1180
    Options
    I have a confession. I weighed in. I tried so hard but I think it was knowing that I committed myself NOT to weigh in, so I caved. But I was really surprised! A 5lb weight difference. But I just felt that I needed to confess!