Would anyone else like to not weigh in with me?

Options

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Already made that decision...haven't even looked at the scale since Feb. 1 :)
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    This seems incredibly hard, considering I weigh up to ten times a day, but okay! I'll give it a shot! (:
    SW: 9st.6
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the 1st of the month and that's it. Who needs the stress?
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I haven't weighed in a few days (or more) and I'm starting a new work out tonight. Should be interesting.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I did monthly weigh-ins the entire time I was losing! It was GREAT! I always posted a good number, which made me feel very motivated/encouraged.

Even on maintenance, I still only weigh-in once a month. :smile:
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm in because I'm OVER the scale.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent idea.. I'm in sorta.. I committed not to weigh or measure or take progress pics until after I complete C25K.. I'm only one week 2 now.. but I did the same sort of thing when I did 30 Day Shred... it makes life so much easier!!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm in.I have to stop being obsessed.I get too upset with myself. Giving up the scale for lent
  • lgoewey36
    Options
    Im in because I do not weigh myself now that often I been judging by how my clothing fits not by a number on the scale. Good idea. In a month or so I would like to be surprised by the number.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I'm in. But I am going to have to ween myself. I confess I am a daily weigher. Can I go to weekly, then every other week, then every month? Because quitting the scale cold turkey sounds harder than quitting smoking, which I have done.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this because I don't have a scale that works properly! I'm still in!! :)
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    good luck!! I think many find the scale daunting, but personally I haven't been able to remain accountable w/o seeing the number every morning. so it definitely helps me, but if you have the right mindset, you should go far w/o knowing. good luck!!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    im in!
  • alexhelena
    alexhelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this! Not 100% sure I'll last a whole month, but I am going to try to do it for at least 2 weeks! I have had so many NSVs recently due to 30DS and yet I weigh myself and feel really bad!

Awesome idea :)
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly but monthly sounds so scary yet tempting.

Might drop my scale off at mums so I dont give in.
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Can't do it, i am trying to maintain, but truth be told i could stand to lose at least 10 pounds....the scales keep me honest. i do weigh myself every day, if i didn't i would tell my self that my weight is fine, cause thats what everyone tells me even when my weight is up..and before i knew it i would have to be losing 15 or 2o, i really don't wanna go there
  • edencrannon
    edencrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lol, I am lucky to go an entire day without weighing myself...but I am one who's motivation is determined by the number on the scale....I gain so quickly that I HAVE to follow it or I will get off track very fast...it's just how I am....everyone is different....but good luck!!!
    As above, I'm afraid I totally agree! That's why I'm in this mess right now.... I moved the scales from my wee bathroom to the main bathroom and thought I didn't need o weigh but 18 months later I'm 1.5 stone heavier!!!! Xxx
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am IN! I'm doing stronglifts so the numbers are not dropping anyway, and there's really no point when I am losing inches. As long as I keep to my calorie level, there's no way I can really gain so hey...why not?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    No. The last time I went one month without weighing in, I was as close to perfect on diet and exercise as it was possible for me to be, and I GAINED 2 pounds. Turns out all I'm doing is losing and gaining the same 3 pounds, which is much more bearable to figure out after a couple of weeks of weighing regularly than have it be a nasty surprise after a month.
  • Purecity_2113
    Purecity_2113 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good job at not being a slave to the scale!!!
    It is an amazing habit to break and you will feel so much better for it!

<3