Elevator Courtesy

Options
WendyTerry420
WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
Elevator pet peeve:

I hate it when there are clearly *several* people trying to get in an elevator, and the first one in decides to stand in front of the buttons, like they're the elevator operator, rather than moving to the back to let others inside.

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Elevator pet peeve:

I hate it when there are clearly *several* people trying to get in an elevator, and the first one in decides to stand in front of the buttons, like they're the elevator operator, rather than moving to the back to let others inside.

I would do that if I had to get off first.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people cram in.
    I'm already scarred of elevators and just thinking about all the extra not needed weight and the cables snapping.. scares me.
    I don't take elevators if I don't have too.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm one of your peevers then because I love to talk to people and help them to where they're going. Sorry.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    I hate the prick who says what floor as if he's the boss of it ,**** off ill push my own button !
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Or everyone trying to get in without letting people come out first. This also happens on public transportation.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I hate the elevator patron that gives you the judgmental eye, like, "You certainly need to use the stairs" but their smarmy butt is on the same damn elevator
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Or everyone trying to get in without letting people come out first. This also happens on public transportation.
    I hate that... if you were in such a rush use the freakin stairs since NO ONE else uses the dam things.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    And it would be the healthy option stack house
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I hate the prick who says what floor as if he's the boss of it ,**** off ill push my own button !

So much this! ^^^

The real truth: I wanna push the button, not tell you which floor. So move! :laugh:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I took my kids to the museum with my husband this weekend. We were on the 4th floor waiting to go down to the 1st. When the elevator doors opened, this (pardon me, I know this is a fitness site but...) very large guy plowed past us and stood in the doorway so no one could get on or off. No one could go around him and he just stood there like a jerk. The fricken elevator alarm went off! Finally, people started to squeeze past him since he refused to move.

We took the next elevator because had I squeezed my family onto that one with that guy, a few choice words would have been said.

I hate inconsiderate people.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm one of your peevers then because I love to talk to people and help them to where they're going. Sorry.

I work on that floor! I don't need your help, TYVM! :tongue:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

^^ This too! So rude!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options

I work on that floor! I don't need your help, TYVM! :tongue:

Pttht! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't take the elevator in my parking garage because I'd rather do the stairs, but in my actual building I'm on the 15th floor and they lock the stair wells from the inside anyway after floor two. BUT I have some insane pet peeves about these crazy people...

Standing awkwardly close to me when there is enough space for everyone to osmosis outward
    Standing in front of the door and only slightly side stepping when I need to get off
    Talking to me. Go away. I don't care about the weather.
    Jamming too many people on. Just wait for the next one!
    There's a bank of elevators and a line kind of naturally forms in the middle, past one of them. If it's the elevator behind then for some reason if there's too many people the ones at the end of the line shove on because they knew they were going to have to wait for another elevator if they didn't, even though the people at the front had been waiting longer.
    Having loud cell phone conversations.
    Talking across me instead of standing next to each other even though there's only three of us in the elevator and I'm in the way back...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I hate the elevator patron that gives you the judgmental eye, like, "You certainly need to use the stairs" but their smarmy butt is on the same damn elevator

We actually have a "courtesty rule" at our company. If you are only going up one flight or down 1-2 flights, then you should be taking the stairs. But 5 flights when trying to get back in time from lunch: you gotta take the elevator!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I don't take the elevator in my parking garage because I'd rather do the stairs, but in my actual building I'm on the 15th floor and they lock the stair wells from the inside anyway after floor two. BUT I have some insane pet peeves about these crazy people...

This is like our building. I can take the stairwell from the door near my desk, all the way down and into the lobby. But once the door shuts, I can't get back to the stairwell. I have to take the elevator.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It's kind of annoying. I can go down but not up. 15 floors is a lot but I would try to do it at least once a day if I could. Maybe not on my way to work because I'm always running late, but still. That's not a fire hazard?
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The most important piece of elevator courtesy is not farting in it. Especially when the passengers' mouths are open!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    The most important piece of elevator courtesy is not farting in it. Especially when the passengers' mouths are open!

Dude! It's totally OK to fart in the elevator as long as you do it when the door's open and you're on your way out. They'll never know it was you! ;)
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Dude! It's totally OK to fart in the elevator as long as you do it when the door's open and you're on your way out. They'll never know it was you! ;)

Oh I totally knew it was you!