Elevator Courtesy

Options
2»

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    The most important piece of elevator courtesy is not farting in it. Especially when the passengers' mouths are open!

Dude! It's totally OK to fart in the elevator as long as you do it when the door's open and you're on your way out. They'll never know it was you! ;)
    That made me giggle aloud at work lol
    I usually do that anywhere I can lol. Then blame it on the dog... lmfao!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My mom taught us as young children to stand to the side of the elevator door to let others off first. I have, in turn, taught this valuable lesson to my children.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Elevator pet peeve:

I hate it when there are clearly *several* people trying to get in an elevator, and the first one in decides to stand in front of the buttons, like they're the elevator operator, rather than moving to the back to let others inside.

If I'm the first in (or if nobody is already there), I immediately move to my right and put my hand on the door bar to make sure it doesn't close. If the buttons are there, so be it.
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I hate the prick who says what floor as if he's the boss of it ,**** off ill push my own button !

I hate that too!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I like pushing ALL the buttons :tongue:

Then getting off at the first stop :laugh:

Just kidding :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like pushing ALL the buttons :tongue:

Then getting off at the first stop :laugh:

Just kidding :flowerforyou:

I love pushing buttons! :devil:
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for all you guys to push my buttons!

Oh wait....I just realised that sounded a tad too flirty. I actually meant that I hate touching the buttons, I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

I love being that person where there's silence and I come out with "They really need some mood music...the Girl From Ipanema would help!"

ETA: And now I hope you are all singing that song in your head and it gets stuck. Mwahahahaha!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I feel like people look at me strangely because I take the lift up one floor (and am often wearing gym clothes). I have knee problems and am supposed to avoid climing up stairs where possible.
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Elevator pet peeve:

I hate it when there are clearly *several* people trying to get in an elevator, and the first one in decides to stand in front of the buttons, like they're the elevator operator, rather than moving to the back to let others inside.

Hahahaha! This made me laugh so much. Elevator button hogger! Totally true though x
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I hate the prick who says what floor as if he's the boss of it ,**** off ill push my own button !

wAuwF.gif
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Just to add (and freak you ALL out!)...

About a month ago, I was going to visit my father in hospital. I was walking towards the elevator to press the 'up' button when I saw a woman cough into her hand and then press the 'down' button with the same hand. Ew. I proceeded to press the 'up' button with my elbow.

I don't care if she looked at me strangely, I'm not touching a goddamn button where someone has touched their grotty hands with.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options

If I am near the buttons, I do it, but not out of being the boss of it, I do it out of something called courtesy. Of course, I have been known to get on a crowded elevator, NOT turn around to face the doors, and when they close say "I suppose you're all wondering why I called this meeting... "

It usually maked people laugh ...As far as I am concerned, a bit of comic relief is always welcome.