Gym Gear...Embarrassed

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Black shorts go with everything 0.o

^^
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I'm a little different, I'm a group ex instructor, but even if I weren't I love getting my coordinating outfits all nasty and sweaty. I have a pair of knee socks for every top if I'm wear shorts. Today I'm wearing garish capris with matching sports bra and a "home made" pink tank . . . it's going to be epic.

And I get stopped by the guys in the weight room asking for tips . . . there is nothing wrong with looking good and feeling awesome.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Not sure if you are aware of this, but a man typically has a general set of colors they wear for everything. Therefore, not being coordinated in your color scheme is usually rare even when grabbing random clothes. That is the great part....I grab shorts, socks, shoes, shirt, and go. Turns out I am coordinated all of the time. You didn't lose your man card, you just made it to the next level..."Looking good with no effort and not thinking"

Yep.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Funny, I deliberately bought cute workout clothes in order to psyche myself up. I work out at home with Kinect fitness games and Jillian Michaels DVDs. When I was wearing my baggy sweats and T-shirts, the Kinect couldn't see me properly, so I didn't score well. Now I have all of these lovely workout clothes (capri running skirts), my scores are better, and I don't feel so mortified when I see myself on screen. I *always* choose workout outfits that match, and nobody ever sees me in them but my cats. :-P
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    lol. that's so funny, I was in the gym this morning wondering if people had matched on purpose. I take pride in my tacky! haha. whatever the preference, can respect it though, haha
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    This reminds me of first world problems. LOL

I have a very basic set. Sports bras, cotton tanks and basic pants, knee length for warmer weather and full length for colder. I alternate my shoes to keep them going longer. No one looks at each other at my gm so I could go as wonder woman and no one would care. Though I am really tempted to put a WW outfit together now just because I can.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Funny, I deliberately bought cute workout clothes in order to psyche myself up. I work out at home with Kinect fitness games and Jillian Michaels DVDs. When I was wearing my baggy sweats and T-shirts, the Kinect couldn't see me properly, so I didn't score well. Now I have all of these lovely workout clothes (capri running skirts), my scores are better, and I don't feel so mortified when I see myself on screen. I *always* choose workout outfits that match, and nobody ever sees me in them but my cats. :-P

you're welcome for the skirt hookup :) get thee to a gym just so you can show off your sassy self!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I always match my shoes to my workout gear...but then again, I am a girl, so matching is sort of in my DNA. :)
    I bet the red, white and black looked awesome!

I looked just like the guys on the UA web site, with half the muscles and twice the old.

They may be more fit, but you're the prettiest belle at the ball
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    No cotton at all (unless its a day we are supposed to wear our issued shirt) but not really concerned about matching. Although every piece I have is either black, white, or grey so I guess I'm not going to wild..
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Black shorts go with everything 0.o

^^

^^ This. Although I do mix it up with navy blue and dark grey. You know, just so it doesn't get old.

Edit: I will say that I have a similar problem going to shop at places like Sports Authority though, as they want to sell all sorts of colors in men's wear. I mean, how many guys do you see actually wearing bright yellow or bright green tank tops in the gym? And yea, I have bought some shirts with color out of desperation.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Y'know.. I have noticed a trend at my gym: the ones that come in all dressed in bright neon matching yoga pants/shorts, shoes, and tank tops don't do **** while they are there. They half-*kitten* things like the elliptical or even the recumbent bike. People who come in in a t-shirt, mesh shorts, etc. and leave in a saturated smelly shirt are the ones that put the work in. Wear whatever you like - what matters is your effort.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Wait, what? We're supposed to wear clothes? I wonder if that's why I keep getting laughed at.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    I've always been sort of old school when it comes to gym clothes. Over the last few years though, I've discovered the benefits of the new fabrics over cotton and I've been transitioning to dry fit clothes by Nike and Under Armour.
    The last of my cotton work out clothes are very near death. My favorite old Everlast sleeveless won't survive many more trips through the wash.

27739717_7216.jpg

So great, new clothes that don't stink so much and dry out quickly. Comfortable and practical for working out.

On the down side, this morning I walked in to the gym, saw myself in the mirror, and nearly headed back home. I was wearing a black Under Armour shirt, red and black Under Armour shorts and Red/White/Black New Balance shoes.
    Just a taaaad too coordinated!

I looked like a fitness model...without the fitness.

Mortifying.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to wear that old Everlast and some plain cotton shorts. I'll stink up the place, but I need my man card (old guy version) back.

I never match when I go to the gym. I go like I just woke up...... mostly. I'm gonna walk out looking like I just went for a swim in the pool with my clothes on anyway so who cares! =)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    I always match my shoes to my workout gear...but then again, I am a girl, so matching is sort of in my DNA. :)
    I bet the red, white and black looked awesome!

I looked just like the guys on the UA web site, with half the muscles and twice the old.

They may be more fit, but you're the prettiest belle at the ball

You sweet talker you!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Not sure if you are aware of this, but a man typically has a general set of colors they wear for everything. Therefore, not being coordinated in your color scheme is usually rare even when grabbing random clothes. That is the great part....I grab shorts, socks, shoes, shirt, and go. Turns out I am coordinated all of the time. You didn't lose your man card, you just made it to the next level..."Looking good with no effort and not thinking"

Completely aware of this. Johnny Cash is my fashion hero. I only started adding colors because my wife nagged me...em, repeatedly pointed out...em, mentioned my boring colors once or twice.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    <<<<<< I wear a pair of bright yellow/gold shorts. So I don't really have to worry too much about if I'm matching or not.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    I tend to wear funky, patterned pajama pants to the gym. Mostly because I'm too lazy to change into anything when I get out of bed....and...why bother making more dirty clothes?
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    In my 20's, I tended to date muscular guys straight off parole and they most certainly didn't wear Under Armour. Then I met a man with a real job who worked out in a gym and he had what I thought were the strangest workout clothes, like Under Armour. It never got sexy for me. It was like alien fabric. I didn't like his nasty worn out cotton tank tops leftover from college either. It's kind of a no-win for me on workout clothes, but I do love big arms, so therein lies the win. I'm sure the young girls like the "real" workout gear because they're used to it. Of the two, I'll stick with the Rocky type. I got gaps.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    lol I got in sweats and a t shirt. all the guys I see at the gym are all colored coordinated. either black shirt with black n red shorts and shoes, black n white, green and white, white, blue and white, blue and black.
  • One day I realised whilst leaning on my squat bar after a set that my nails matched my workout top and it made me so happy I upped my weights and beat a personal best... XD