Carb free evening meal

Options
2»

Replies

• ChaiSpyce
    Options
    I had a two egg omelet with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, onion, and a little cheese.
  • sabbykris
    sabbykris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do a search for "Paleo" recipes online. Those typically have no grains or dairy and are therefore very low in carbs or basically carb free.

Also, Spaghetti Squash is a great alternative to Pasta and you can eat it with meatballs and sauce just like "real" pasta.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Modified Chicken/Pork/Veal Larb Gai, if you like Thai food.

500g minced meat (chicken, pork or veal - although you can use beef I'm not that keen on it)
    1 Lemon (juice and zest)
    15-20 Fresh basil leaves
    15-20 fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
    1 stalk lemon grass
    1 red onion
    2 tbs Fish sauce
    2 tbs peanut oil
    Fresh chili (sliced and de-seeded) or chili flakes to taste
    Iceberg Lettuce
    2 tbs crushed peanuts (if desired)

In a salad bowl, mix the juice of the lemon and the fish sauce. Zest the lemon and put that in, too. Thinly slice the red onion and add that to the salad bowl, with the basil and the coriander. Do this first so the lemon and fish sauce soften the onions. Don't cook them, though.

Finely cut the white part of the lemon grass only.

In a wok if you have one (or frying pan if not) add peanut oil and lemon grass. Let this fry until the lemon grass is soft. Add mince and chili. Cook until the mince is fully done and make sure it's not clumpy.

Put this in the salad bowl and mix until it's all mixed together. Let it sit for 10 min while the coriander and basil wilt.

Serve with iceberg lettuce leaves to use as wraps. Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top if you desire. Delish and low carb.

Actual larb gai has toasted rice in, which I leave out for calories and also for carbs.
  • Rixxy14
    Rixxy14 Posts: 4
    Options
    following :D
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    www.genaw.com ton of ideas on this site
  • Rixxy14
    Rixxy14 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thats a great site. thanks x
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made buffalo cauliflower- mix cauliflower florets (1 g total carbs/oz) with melted butter, Quaker Steak & Lube Arizona Ranch Sauce (2g carbs/oz) and Frank's Hot Sauce (0 carbs). Roast at 450 for 20-30 min. I ate mine with 1/2 serving Fage Greek Yogurt. The recipe called for yogurt in the sauce but I like to eat cold yogurt with the hot & spicy cauliflower.