Good gift ideas for a MAN for VDAY...

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    A new/different micro-brew. A few different 6 packs of each.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Beej & a steakl
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Is it Valentine's Day yet?..... Because I'm ready ;)
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Magazine subscription to a favorite periodical.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I get my husband the same thing every year - the gift of not having to worry about celebrating Valentine's Day.

He hates the pressure of trying to find the perfect gift, night out, etc., just to prove he cares about me. I hate having to buy him a Christmas gift, birthday gift, anniversary gift, AND valentine's gift within 2 months. (the man is hard to shop for!)
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Steak, cigar, beer, BJ. Probably any order would do.
    I'm going to write this down. This will be my go-to gift package from now on. I wish I had known it was this simple!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    <
    a really cute hat!

Hahahahahahhaha that post cracked me up
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My man got a hotel room for us, but hasn't told me where yet. So,,, I'm going to get the champagne, chocolate, strawberries, a umm sexy outfit for me, well for him to enjoy, lol , and a new wedding ring for him. We've been married for over 33 years, he has already replaced my ring, with a huge rock :), so it's my turn to get him a new one. He has no idea and I can't wait to spend time alone with him!

I'll add that for the last 30 or so years, we have just stayed at home, while he grilled some nice steaks and I made the 'sides', so this one will be extra nice. Someone else will cook this time. :)
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I second, and third, and probably fourth but didn't read everyone's comments---tickets to a sporting event/concert/something he is into. I find an experience is WAY better than just some gadget or item that ends up collecting dust, and it will be way more memorable!

:)
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    20.00 and eligible for free shipping. Inexpensive and fun gift that will catch him by surprise. Remove control helicopter. This is a great value for $$ and flies well inside house

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Red/dp/B004A8ZRBA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360100835&sr=8-2&keywords=helicopter

41pq10Ev-GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

AHH NO I TAKE IT BACK! Get one of these! My dad got my ex one for christmas one year, we played with it nonstop! I gotta admit-it was WAY more fun than i thought it would be lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Definitely not sex, if your saving sex for special occasions you're doing it wrong.

could not agree more!
    I disagree. I suppose you get more creative as you age. We are kinda old I guess, 51 and 53. You can have it anytime, during holidays, during any party we have.. we sneak off then reappear and no one has a clue, plus when you get a new car, you have to initiate it, then a new truck, tractor, washer, dryer, bed, camper, whirlpool tub, 4 wheeler, the pool, patio furniture, hell, we have initiated kitchen tables and even a few picnic tables while camping. I just pray that my kids never read this, lol
  • Bobbyjr72
    Bobbyjr72 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    check out www.xperiencedays.com . they have some pretty cool "experience gifts" in most US cities (flying lessons, stock car racing, cooking lessons, wine and beer tastings, etc. ). My wife got me a few of these and they're quality.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    20.00 and eligible for free shipping. Inexpensive and fun gift that will catch him by surprise. Remove control helicopter. This is a great value for $$ and flies well inside house

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Red/dp/B004A8ZRBA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360100835&sr=8-2&keywords=helicopter

41pq10Ev-GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

AHH NO I TAKE IT BACK! Get one of these! My dad got my ex one for christmas one year, we played with it nonstop! I gotta admit-it was WAY more fun than i thought it would be lol

We got quad copters and a few helis. Very cool and we haven't stopped messing with them since Xmas.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Definitely not sex, if your saving sex for special occasions you're doing it wrong.

could not agree more!
    I disagree. I suppose you get more creative as you age. We are kinda old I guess, 51 and 53. You can have it anytime, during holidays, during any party we have.. we sneak off then reappear and no one has a clue, plus when you get a new car, you have to initiate it, then a new truck, tractor, washer, dryer, bed, camper, whirlpool tub, 4 wheeler, the pool, patio furniture, hell, we have initiated kitchen tables and even a few picnic tables while camping. I just pray that my kids never read this, lol

LOL.. last sentence made me laugh!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I did this for my bf's birthday but I bet it would be great for v-day too. I wrote a list of 25 reasons why I loved him (cause he was turning 25) and since he was at school all day I texted him the reasons throughout the day and when we went to dinner I sent him the last few sitting next to him. Some were cheesy like I think you have great hair and others were more serious like how special the moment was when he first told me he loved me, inside jokes, etc. He loved it and he said it was the most thoughtful thing anyone ever did for him. Didn't cost me a penny but meant soooo much to us.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Blow job
    Steak dinner
    Silence
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    ha ha...silence
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    smile like a donut
  • marygillman
    marygillman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Going out on a limb here by not mentioning sex but a massage (regular) gift certificate might be appreciated.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Let me see if I can sum up this thread....

Woman makes post about things to get a man for Valentines Day
    Men respond with sex, in one form or another
    Some women say that the men are wrong
    Women tell men what men want for Valentines Day.

Sounds like my marriage. :laugh: