single? valentines day?

Options
whitneyps7
whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
so im single, and its going to be valentines day soon,.....I dont know what I should do. I have been asked out...... but unless im "with" someone I wont go on a date on v-day, just how I am, also all my friends are taken or married and I would defiantly not want to be the 3rd wheel. so what could I do alone? maybe rent a movie and just hang out? any ideas? what are all my single MFP buddies doing for vday?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Hit the bar, have a good steak.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Date would be fun regardless of the day, but if you would rather be alone. Have a nice dinner, get a movie you've been meaning to see and relax.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's just a normal day. Do what you would usually do.
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    Date would be fun regardless of the day, but if you would rather be alone. Have a nice dinner, get a movie you've been meaning to see and relax.

the thing for me is i dont like being out on vday because of all the "love" stuff around it annoys me, i guess im not a "lovey" type of person haha and not to mention i dont like the guys who have asked me out and i would hate to be viewed as a couple when we are definatly not lol. maybe movie and wine wth my kitties? lol
  • whitneyps7
    Options

a heart shaped steak to myself????!!! helllllllls ya!!!:laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Options
    the thing for me is i dont like being out on vday because of all the "love" stuff around it annoys me, i guess im not a "lovey" type of person haha and not to mention i dont like the guys who have asked me out and i would hate to be viewed as a couple when we are definatly not lol. maybe movie and wine wth my kitties? lol

Hang at home with a friend or something, or alone with the cats. Wine is always good.
  • Timshel_
    Options

Yes m'am. A fine flllet your beer of choice.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I held an antivalentines party, got a few single friends round, cooked a nice meal. (Two of them later ended up married but hey, what can you do.)
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I found a meetups.com activity to go to in my area with other single peeps--wine tasting, movie, dinner. :) Just don't let yourself sit at home feeling bummed out. Keep it moving! :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You do realize that a date on valentines day is not an automatic "you must have sex" thing, right?
  • whitneyps7
    Options

Yes m'am. A fine flllet your beer of choice.
    i think i might make a heart shaped steak and get some beer or wine and jus kick it at home with the kitties maybe do some painting? that sounds pretty darn good to me :)
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I dont mind being single tbf, ill have plenty of years worth of valentines day in the future so treat yourself on the years your single lol! I am going to watch Die hard as its out in the cinema in the UK that day and eat popcorn and lindor chocolate. Can't think of anything better really! :laugh:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw my cat around and toss some confetti.
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    You do realize that a date on valentines day is not an automatic "you must have sex" thing, right?

haha yes and woulndt matter cause i dont have sex sooooo that would suck for them if they were assuming that lol
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I found a meetups.com activity to go to in my area with other single peeps--wine tasting, movie, dinner. :) Just don't let yourself sit at home feeling bummed out. Keep it moving! :)

That's a cool idea
  • whitneyps7
    Options

That's a cool idea

that is a cool idea!!!!!:tongue:
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    It's just a normal day. Do what you would usually do.

This.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

haha yes and woulndt matter cause i dont have sex sooooo that would suck for them if they were assuming that lol

Then why not just go on a date? It's just another Thursday like any other...
  • whitneyps7
    Options

I meant "with" as in like a realationship like boyfriend/girlfriend "I love you" kinda thing lol :)
  • whitneyps7
    Options

Then why not just go on a date? It's just another Thursday like any other...

because I dont even like them, Im not going to accept an invitation to go on a date and have them pay for everything and feel uncomfortable sitting in a reastraunt with 150 other ppl who are all in love when i am not. its not just another day to me so if thats anyones opinions thats fine but its not mine, perhaps if i actully liked them i may consider it lol