Am I the only girl who believes this?

Options
Am I the only girl that believes a boyfriend should NEVER tell his girlfriend that her worst enemy is better than her in ANY way?

Probably a childish question, but I'm curious...

Replies

• avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    He's a dummy :explode:
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt call him my bf after that nonsense. On to the next. Lol
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I didn't know people had "worst enemies" unless they were Sherlock.. & he's fictional. lol
    But no.. I would say not.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Well....IS she?
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I wouldnt call him my bf after that nonsense. On to the next. Lol

Lol I'm thinking the same thing :)
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question? :laugh:
  • tinajean141
    Options
    Depends.

I think it'd be a compliment if he said she was better at being worse than you!
  • packratpatty
    packratpatty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well....what did he say that was so horrible? I dislike a lot of women and my husband (of 32 years) will say "she is X" when he clearly knows I am not "X". I am an old woman though so I guess it doesn't bother me, because he is right, she is better at some things--a lot of things-- than I am. But doesn't mean he doesn't love me.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I think telling my wife my ex was better in bed makes her try harder...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Bah...people and their petty weirdness. If he says any of the following, then consider leaving:

-"I only hit you because you're pretty when you cry."
    -"I caught herpes from a hooker while I was away on business."
    -"Your face is so pretty...it would look so much better stretched over mine."
    -"It puts the lotion on the skin!"

If none of the aforementioned (or something similar) have been uttered, you'll be just fine.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I think telling my wife my ex was better in bed makes her try harder...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Bah...people and their petty weirdness. If he says any of the following, then consider leaving:

If none of the aforementioned (or something similar) have been uttered, you'll be just fine.

i snorted.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    it would have to be the perfect scenario like telling you that shes better at getting guys because they know they can get in her pant on the first date and they know that your better then that or something like that
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Edit: I forgot, we have to be supportive. You're right OP. Completely right
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Is this one of those things where he said, "My ex used to make a mean lasagna" or "My ex was a beast in the gym she could run sub 5 min/miles"....and you're looking at it as "I can't boil water and I get tired walking to the corner store....so that must mean he thinks she's better than me?" It's a pretty tough relationship to be in where you aren't allowed to speak your mind. Even if he did compare you two, was it in a contect to control you or knock you down? Either way, if you don't like him comparing...or even bringing her (or other women) up you can kindly tell him so. It doesn't have to be a knock down, drag'em out brawl between you too.

It's a given that anyone who's dated anyone...doesn't compare to an ex in some area. I do believe that it's something that needs to be spoken of with some finesse. However, most men aren't known for their finesse. They blindly, ignorantly and without bad intent...often just make statements without thinking of the outcome. Unfortanately, women will take the smallest thing and run with it. Instead of one best buddy with some common sense, chiming in...they all get worked up and start to man bash. What does it resolve?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Probably a childish question

tumblr_lp5tp0lsIE1qii6tmo1_400_zps8634bd57.gif
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Lol @ this thread
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    <obligatory and stereotypical all men are *kitten* comment>
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

i snorted.
    I did as well.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    wAuwF.gif