Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• dawnskorczewski
    dawnskorczewski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    48 in two weeks!! aiming for a month of Whole 30 eating. 18 to go!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    55 year old guy (how the heck did THAT happen?). I've lost 42lbs over 15 months. Working to lose about 12 more.
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 on April 1st.
  • Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    42 here!
  • aleahduff
    Options
    Hello... I am 47 .. will be 48 in May... We can do this!!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just turned 49 and would like to be 50 and fabulous (and healthy and fit!)!!!
  • lylmark
    lylmark Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, just turned 49 in Jan, stay strong !!!
  • lawrence_warmachine
    Options
    I've just turned 40.

I'm actually stuck between wanting to 'bulk up' a bit, and wanting to lose excess tummy. not fat, just fussy!

:)
  • missingmercury
    Options
    47, but losing weight and getting into shape feels like I am deducting years.

I'm 48. I am looking forward to feeling like that.
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP and will be 40 in August. I have about 80 - 100 I want to lose.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I am 59 and lost weight 2 years ago, have put back on 10, trying now to get that off. I feel so much better after I lost the weight!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight but lost 70lbs over 20 years ago and have kept it off and I'm 40 so do I count? lol Feel free to friend me for support!
  • TheresaDathome
    Options
    I'm 58 and having a hard time losing in spite of all exercising I do! Is it because of my age? T.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi,,,,57 and slowly losing.
  • stubbynose
    Options
    Hello…. I turned 48 in November…. and my goal is to loose 50 lbs by fall of 2013. I am down 23 now so 37 left to go !! I joined MFP a month ago and really enjoy the daily contact with the friends I made on here. It really helps to keep you mindful of all that needs to be kept in order while on this journey. This site keeps me accountable for everything from food consumption to my daily exercise . I am thrilled to be apart of this. To see others accomplishments is very inspiring too….. my goal is to be one of the many who have succeeded on here !!! Best of luck to everyone !! We can do this !!
  • rob32768
    rob32768 Posts: 505
    Options
    Just turned 43 - gets harder each to lose it so this time once it comes off its gonna stay off!
  • jwright67
    Options
    Hi there.... I am 45 and I agree with Stubbynose who just posted.... We can do this!!
    I have been carrying around 30 pounds too many for the past three years....
    I have found now that I'm in my 40's taking the weight off is a whole different ball game than years ago.... I used to be able to diet and exercise for a week and drop 5 pounds easy... however this time around I am committed to tracking my food/exercise and that seems to be keeping me really accountable. So far so good.... I'm down a few pounds and committed to reach my goal.
    Keep at it, I find that using My Fitness Pal is really helping me on a daily basis.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi,

47 here with 100lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me:smile:
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ill be 45 in May!!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Hitting the 1/2 century mark this year.....:noway:

Have lost 30lb in the last year and half....:happy:

Down to the last 8; workouts are geared to tightening the wiggly bits......:glasses: :drinker:

Best of luck to everyone..... :flowerforyou: