Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes -- 44!
  • annadavidson1984
    annadavidson1984 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I struggle with food all the time. I find that working out helps me by giving me more calories to eat and relieving stress. I tend to judge my accomplishments by what others have done, and that sets me back. I may be going slowly on weight loss, get fit journey, but I am going,and that's what is important.
  • mikerox
    Options
    47, but losing weight and getting into shape feels like I am deducting years.

^ That. Agreed and never felt better. 51 years old
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just turned 51 and totally don't feel it - especially when I'm running!
  • annegagner
    Options
    47 and new to the site today!! Looking for lots of motivation & friends.....anyone anyone??
  • laurabosworth1298
    Options
    54 here....how did that happen so fast?????
  • willowspuppet
    willowspuppet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be 46 later this year, i started getting in shape in Jan so far 20 pounds gone! Not as easy as it use to be. Good luck to everyone trying to become more healthier.
  • Jeannie101010
    Jeannie101010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    45 year old here!
  • redjch
    redjch Posts: 18
    Options
    51 years young here! Time for me to lose this weight for good that has been coming off and going back on for years. I believe I have lost the same 20# over and over and gained it back once again. NO MORE!!:happy:
  • edmarymom
    edmarymom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes of course! I am 54 going on 55...and I like to think of it as getting/staying healthy!
  • xxsolo001xx
    Options
    Hello, I am 43 and will be turning 44 in March. I had a baby 2 years ago and cant shake the last 15 lbs. I yoyo up 5 down 5 up 5 down 5.
  • feliciavogelraway
    Options
    Hi, I am 44 will be 45 in June, just joined today. Tired of my feet hurting daily from too much weight on them. My sister did this and lost her weight she wanted to so I thought I would give it a try.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Will be 52 next month. Don't feel like it, especially after losing 50+ lbs. here! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • catbit
    catbit Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey, I'm 42 and started MFP about 3 weeks ago. I lost 8 pounds the first 2 weeks and was very excited. Then this last week I lost NOTHING :sad: I believe it is a female age thing, the weight just seems to want to stay there!
  • NCboston33
    Options
    Your post could have been my post!
  • catbit
    catbit Posts: 28
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one!! I didn't do anything different but yet NOTHING!!
  • steelreader
    Options
    Hi im 41 and have a long way to go feel free to add me x
  • CrazyCatLady125
    CrazyCatLady125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 a few weeks ago. I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs. the healthy and fit way but it isn't as easy as it used to be so I am looking for some support and friendship to encourage/be encouraged by.
  • Pia003
    Pia003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ...im 57 and struggling, but thats always been the case, i dont have a problem with diets just losing weight, there is a switch in me to trigger weight loss i just cant find it been looking for it for years lol. Im doing Dr Michael Mosley's The Fast Diet along with Weight Watchers on my feed days, its a breeze, but i do like to keep a tight track of calories, i trust in Michael Mosley and i do feel exceptionally well, not taking any medication what so ever , so i guess i cant have everything. :smile:
  • rvtyson
    Options
    I'm 44, just joined today hoping to lose 20lb or so on Michael Mosley's 5:2 Fasting diet which I started a week ago.