Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 45...lost 15 pounds then Christmas came and I gained 10 back :-( Trying SOOOO hard to get the motivation back. HELP!
  • toniahardtke
    toniahardtke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just turned 42 yesterday and realized that my weight has been creeping up for the past few years! I have been oblivious to the bad eating habits I've developed with having 3 kids--I eat while I'm cooking, during dinner, and I finish eating what my kids don't eat! I eat chocolate on a daily basis and any other sugar items in the house. I just found MFP last week and am trying to track what I eat and how much I exercise. It's made me be more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth--even if it's just a few bites! I am recording even the little "bites" of food and I can't believe how many calories I'm eating that I don't think count. :smile:
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Plenty of us on here! I'm 57...! :bigsmile:
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 52 .. this time I will keep it off
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    52 and I feel 25....
  • CoachGwenna
    Options
    I'm 45...lost 15 pounds then Christmas came and I gained 10 back :-( Trying SOOOO hard to get the motivation back. HELP!

Hey, you did it once and I'm sure you remember how great it felt at the lower weight so you can do it again! Don't let one setback kick your butt, get mad about it and kick back! lol...

Besides... kicks are good for toning your bootay :)
  • fudgebunnie
    Options
    Hi I've just gone 44 (21st Feb) currently 6 stone over weight so for health reasons I NEED to lose all that weight, so far this week I've walked 30 miles............not all at once lol. not bad to say that i'm in lots of pain because of osteoarthritis in my knees and back the most mileage I've managed in a day is 7 miles which was the outer edge of the town I live in may I add that I was unable to walk anywhere not even around my home for 2 days that was done in my first week of walking.
    I'm glad I found you lot to keep me going it really helps.
    feel free to add me as a friend
    And keep going folks your all doing great
  • CoachGwenna
    Options
    HI all, I'm 45 years old and have dropped about 35 lbs in the past 3 yrs, only about 6 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight. Here to motivate and support! Please feel free to add me and I'll tell you all my secrets :)
  • CoachGwenna
    Options
    52 and I feel 25....

How come there's no Like button on here, congrats on the weight loss, that must feel fantastic.
  • RochelleEllis44
    RochelleEllis44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 41 . Has lost 8 lbs so far
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    49 in September.
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    46 in October. Pls add me any of you.
  • yellowhoneybee
    yellowhoneybee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am 45 and need some support!
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 54!
  • Wolfe1759
    Wolfe1759 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 45, turning 46 in October. But I still feel 36... ;-)
  • JoyfullMovement
    JoyfullMovement Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    52 in July.
  • blondiekat230
    Options
    turned 43 and have about 50 more to lose...feel free to add me if you need some support...
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    46 and while my body and weight loss is different, I think that my lifestyle and attitude now is so much healthier than it was 15 years ago -- so it's all good!!
  • tz841
    tz841 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 years old and have 100 pounds to lose.
  • VAEnergyMan
    Options
    Hi, 47 years old and need to lose 108lbs. Started 1/22/2013 and have lost 26 pounds so far.