Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• ROSIEH65
    ROSIEH65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, 47 yr old here in northern ireland!!
    lost 91lb a few years ago put 49 lb back on :(
    So am going at it again, & it IS harder to lose the older you get
    but think once us "olders" get something in our heads, we can be
    pretty stubborn !!!!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    40 (almost 41) here. I have been at this for 13 months and have lost 74 pounds and have another 90 or so to go. Feel free to add me (anyone can)!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!
    Age 44 wanting to drop about 30 more pounds. Anyone can add me, just note my "non PC" disclaimer on my page. :bigsmile:
  • sura987
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 51 yrs. old, have about 50 lbs. to lose and it's a struggle. Most days, I'm under my calorie goal and I'm trying to increase exercise but my weight just won't budge. It stays the same and it's hard not being frustrated.
  • LisaAvasNana
    LisaAvasNana Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49 January 25th. Wanting to lose 70-90 lbs. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    51 and and on the way to fabulous here! :smile:
  • rsward
    rsward Posts: 45
    Options
    bump
  • aduecker
    Options
    49 and climbing. I started MFP last year and lost 35 lbs. Then I got lazy and gained it all back...and then some. Restarting my attempts at getting and staying active & healthy. Like to lose about 50 lbs.
  • cindylouk
    cindylouk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 55 and need to lose 50 pounds..Started on this life style change on 01/21/13 after my husband had a mini stroke. Big wake up call for the both of us. Let the journey begin for the both of us to a long and Healthier life! :heart: Good Luck to all!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm 50 about to turn 51, have lost 80 heading for about 90 to 100 more...gonna be here for a very long time...
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    41 and definitely noting the metabolism slowing down! Feel free to add me, I log in usually daily and keep up my diary fairly regularly for friends to see :)
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi., i am 59 & need to lose another 40. i will send a friend request!
  • bobncass
    Options
    Hello, I am 47 years old and am on that path to lose some weight. I used to be quite overweight and lost it years ago. The last 5 years ago let about 30 pounds of that creep back up on me. My husband being deployed over to Afghanistan woke me up. Any support I can do to help you through your journey am here for you!
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be 41 on the 14th:)
    Not exactly what exactly my goal weight is just yet. But I am hoping to lose about 50ish pounds. Could never imagine 20 years ago
    I would be struggling with this!! But I look at the success stories on MFP and its very inspiring. I am just starting out in this. I am on week 2.
    Evette :)
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    46 and this is my first attempt at getting back in shape since a motorcycle accident 16 years ago.
    I have been working on a "changed lifestyle" rather than a diet since november.
    40lb down and another 90 or so to go.

I'm finding it surprisingly easier than I thought (please don't throw things at me)

But i think I've realised that my problem never used to be the amount I ate, just that it was all crap.
    Now its still a fair proportion of crap but in measured doses :)
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi there, yes - 43 and battling on. I have tried to do it alone for far too long and got stuck at 172lbs, with a target of 160. Only been doing MFP for a few weeks and it is working!!! Feel free to send me a Friend request!!!
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes! 53 years old, English, now live in the US. I've also just started the C25K (for about the third time) but can't imagine running for more than a minute at a time! I need to lose about 50lbs/just over 3 stone. Feel free to add me.
  • ddkkbrooks
    ddkkbrooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Meee!! I am 47 and trying to lose at least 50 lbs!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hello there....48 and trying to lose 10-15 lbs. I would like to know what others our age are doing with eating and exercising. Its harder to lose in this age group sometimes. Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    I turn 50 this summer and have 65 pounds to lose, but frankly getting the first 30 lbs off would be awesome and I know how much better I feel and look! Take a look at my profile and see if you would be interested in adding me as a Friend to help me start a support group. I am happy to send words of encouragement your way as well.